Ranking
Original Post
Minibash 0.9
We are beta testing a new flash game for the forum and iPhone.

http://forum.toribash.com/minibash.php

Changes in 0.9:
- Tournament Mode (Menu / Start Tournament)
- New batch of sounds

Changes on 0.991: (November 19th, 2011)
- cleaner graphics
- more blood, a lot more blood
- you can play with the head after decapitating
- shows the opponents head ghost after a decap
- streak multiplier for credits (1st round 1*streak credits, 2nd round 2*streak etc)
- removed high scores (didn't make much sense)
- high light your name in the tournament list
- removed some backgrounds to make it load faster
- a bit of wobble to labels/buttons
- if you lose you can retry a challenge as many times as you won't and still advance in the tournament
- updates to the modding menu to make selection and resizing easier

The game is still under development, if you have suggestions for improvement post in this thread or join us on irc.toribash.com (/join #minibash)

When the game hits 1.0 I will probably reset the mods, challenges. I will not reset your user account (credits, gold, strength etc).

[EDIT]
1.4 is out
Last edited by hampa; Aug 29, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
At a times physics is overreacting a lot, sometimes a single touch can send both opponents flying around the dojo or for example.
Opponent lies on the ground and not moving I fall on him and punch him a few times, my head touches his hand (which is not moving) I receive damage, my head touches his hand again I receive more damage, my head touches his hand (which is still motionless) for the third time and suddenly, its like i received a strong kick to the head, head is of the shoulders in an instant, bouncing around the dojo so hard I can barely see it.

Also I think the game is in dire need of some kind of damage model that takes into account mass, speed and probably contact surface.
Here is why.
I jump back with 100 degree roll, compress myself against the wall and launch my whole body against opponent, 180 degree roll, two legs dropkick to the chest.
You can tell the power is tremendous, he is bouncing around dojo unable even to keep control of his limbs.
As everything settles a quick look at his health, its only one notch down.
I hit him so hard i seen Higgs bosson fly past my eyes and this is all I've got?
Could have just touch him with my hand and see him lying on his back waving legs and hands in the air like a malfunctioning bot for same effect.

Current damage model where you could just touch opponents limb and receive damage need to go.
Often you can receive damage for just touching a motionless opponents leg or hand.
And if you happen to fall on his leg for example you will continue to receive damage till you dead or jump away.

Suggestion to add ability to create additional joints in morph mode.

Really like new HUD and menu but I think black colour (menu and black bar at the bottom) conflicting with overall color-theme and look out of place.

Right now space = skip one frame, would be nice to add more keyboard shortcuts corresponding to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 frames.
Last edited by Bushi84; Mar 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
After morph if you reset your fighter it doesnt return to its default size.

By the left side its me before I used morph and by the right side its me after I used morph, saved then reset it and saved.

Also I am not sure it might be because I am bigger and everything but movement become slugish and less powerful and it feels like I lost lot if not all of my stats.
Would like to get help for it because all of my movies were developed for my previous size, now I cant even jump.
The challenge you make, uses the fighter you morphed at that time.
Make a new challenge and deactivate the old one. It'll be fixed.
I know this.
I just want to have my old fighter and after I used morph I cant go back because reset does not reset it to default size but to size you can see on the pic (twice bigger) .
And to make things worse its like all of my stats were reset.
Technically everything still there but movement are slow and he cant even take a high jump.
Suggestion to increase usefulness of minicredits as for now they are pretty useless.
I have 7000+ and not a single thing I can spend them on.
Well yeah I can spend them on body/hair color, emoticons and training but I am not really into customizing my fighter and with training taking hours I earn them way faster than I can spend them.
Would be nice if I could buy Qi coins with minicredits (just please no insane high prices).

Suggestion to add ability to add more joints and limbs in morph mode.
I guess later when players would create "impossible to win against" fighters some kind of limits could be made like weight limit or joint/limbs max number, as a mean of balancing but it would be only possible to do so after players would start develop those murder machines.
I dont think it is possible to say now what kind of limits would be necessary because well human imagination is limitless.

Remove limits that prevent limbs from bending past certain angle in morph mode.
Here is a little explanation.

If I try to bend a hand or leg in unnatural angle in morph mode my joint will highlight with red colour and minibash wont allow me to do so.
I would like to be able to make a fighter with weirdly bend hands and legs and bend my limbs the way I want in morph mode but there would still be limits that wouldn't allow for limbs to be bend 180 degree in game.

I really like to fight some weird constructions like spider table animated or murder octo-hoof-giraffe.
As for now morph mode limit players to humanoid shape only which is kinda dull.

Also I really look for resolution of this problem
Last edited by Bushi84; Mar 15, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
I have a Suggestion.

I think that the timer during the fight can be removed or kept in a long duration of time because we can do good moves when we just need time, but the time finishes fast .. I prefer keeping the time finishing in a long time or fighting till KO, it would be better than doing a couple of moves then seeing that the time had finished.

And.. I Would like it to be A Download Client, Exactly like Toribash, To Allow us to Save Replay, Cuz We See Some Cool Moves We Would like Others To See Via Forum
And To Advertise The Game to make it more Popular.

Thank you for your spending your time in reading my suggestion and i hope to see some improvements .. Thank you.