ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
its so you can walk faster i think!

This guy MOBAs

And on another note: Got my 2nd gold (gold in ranked flex) for that dank Victorious Ward Chroma leggo!

The Gold

Not sure that I'll even try to push for plat in ranked solo. Might just sit and learn a new role.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 23, 2017 at 05:44 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
And also I never understood why boots are so important? Is it because of that speed boost for only 300 gold?

In a less condescending answer:

For the sake of simplicity, let's assume everybody has melee range, the same movement speed, the same stats, easy to use point and click skills that provide no mobility, no objectives to play around, and perfect play. Let's also assume League is a 1v1. In this situation, boots are slot inefficient, since the stats they provide for taking up an item slot is lower than what a different item could provide. In this situation, boots are generally useless.

However, let's assume that you could be in an X v Y fight, where X and Y can be either 1 or 2, and X represents your team, and Y represents the other team. In this situation, let's also assume that everybody starts the fight out of range from enemy. Let's dissect the 2 important possible scenarios, 1v1s and 2v1s (since 1v1s are functionally 2v2s in this setup, and 1v2s and 2v1s are the same but reversed). First scenario, it's a 1v1, and we've shown already that boots are slot inefficient. No need to go further.

Second scenario, it's a 2v1 (favor your team). Logically, the enemy would retreat, since it's a 12 item slot vs 6 item slot, meaning they will lose on paper 100% of the time. If nobody on your team has boots, and the enemy team has boots, that enemy player can run away and avoid the fight. That fight is functionally a draw. If your team has boots, and the enemy does not have boots, then you can run down the enemy and kill them, functionally winning. If both teams have boots, then it is functionally a draw.

So what does this mean? It means that you have 2 teams, with 2 possible states (boots or no boots), providing a 2x2 grid of possible outcomes. In the row denoting your team has boots, your possible outcomes in a 2v1 is either winning, or draw. Without boots, your possible outcome in a 2v1 is always a draw. You cannot win the fight since you can't initiate the fight. As such, boots are the crucial factor in this situation dictating whether the more populated team will win, and boots are the crucial factor dictating whether the less populated team can draw.

This is incredibly simplified but, since League is a team game, it's reasonable to assume that 1v1s are rare due to the mere presence of players trying to make plays, and 5v5s with perfect setups so that everybody is engaging equally in such a way that mobility is a non-factor are also rare, so it's safe to assume that the possible results of 1v1s and their multiples are uncommon. This means that the disjointed matchups, where one team has a clear advantage, are common occurrences. Which means that these outcomes are the most valuable to play around, and not having boots in these scenarios only provides losing or draws as possible outcomes. Even in a 5v4, with the 4 not using boots and the 5 are, the item slot matchup is 25 v 24 items, favoring the 5 side. Meanwhile, your possible outcomes with boots are only winning and drawing. As such, it is significantly more valuable to have boots.

This is also excluding the fact that, once you include objectives, macro level play (e.g. rotations) gives much more value to the team with boots, since they can move from objective to objective faster and outpace the team without boots.

I won't tl;dr this because otherwise I'm just stating boots are valuable. The proof is required to understand the conclusion.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Or, specifically and relevant to him rather than an imaginary situation:
Fiora can proc all 4 vitals on her ult quickly with Q -> Auto -> E -> Auto -> Auto.
You need movement speed from her vitals/boots/phage to get around someone that's moving, that way you're faster and can still reach the vital moving away from you.

I also always take Lost Chapter/boots on my first back as orianna and spam w back to lane, so I can maintain 10cs/min throughout laning where the jungler can push the lane into your tower.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Trash build. But god damn, having a 2 second W is amazing.

Perma Jinx Rocket Build - No Lifesteal Needed

ADC Tank Meta?

Just To Prove I'm Not Useless

"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
I freaking love Singed haha. I've been trying to expand my champion pool a bit based off what the team needs, am I picking blindly or do I know who I'm going up against top, etc.

Pantheon, Singed, J4, Maokai, Swain, Shen, and soon maybe Irelia are added to my current rotations. Trying to not pick champions who can be overly oppressed when picked too early into the draft (like Singed). Anyways, this made me really happy:

My Stats

Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
whew
one trick ponies make up the majority of high elo for a reason. large champion pools in different roles are counterproductive, and it's why my win rate dropped so much. when people ask coaches to look at their op.gg, they'll probably look at your highest win rate champion and ask why you don't play more of that champion. theoretically, you could have an op.gg like this

whew
one trick ponies make up the majority of high elo for a reason. large champion pools in different roles are counterproductive, and it's why my win rate dropped so much. when people ask coaches to look at their op.gg, they'll probably look at your highest win rate champion and ask why you don't play more of that champion. theoretically, you could have an op.gg like this

I think at most I want to play like... 3 champions? I agree with you. OTPs are the way to go, but some lanes are pretty gnarly if you pick the champion blindly. One that comes immediately to mind was having to play Singed against a Kayle. Was bruuuuuutal.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
whew

worked for me, got plat 2 one tricking mf after ending gold the last few seasons even though it isnt considered that high of an elo
whew

By all means - who should I play

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=A%20Lost%20Prophet
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Playing singed is pretty different compared to most top laners, so I’m not dure what exactly to tell you bout your Kayle matchup. However, I can say that being able to concede cs to stay healthy enough to lane is super important to be able to do. For example, csing as zed or fizz in the early levels is difficult for newer players. Simply don’t take any that will put you in a spot where you can take a bad trade. You not hitting minions will push the wave to your tower, where you won’t be too behind even after not even attempting to take some cs.

In an unfavorable lane, your goal is to survive until you can pop off in other stages of the game. Make a TP play or panth/sion ult bot/mid lane to create a lead.
I think pantheon is a great solo q champion from top lane, global presence is a big deal to me so I play TF. You seem to be doing well on Akali as well. Your match history looks fine, but I’ll reinforce that learning to play pantheon or akali’s difficult matchups will be better for you than to lose lp to play a champion for the first time in ranked— imagine what your win rate would be if you didn’t have that 0% win rate across 1 game on so many champions.

as a side note: come home soon buddy its weird ur not blue