Toribash
Original Post
Tribal Texture Set Auction

Selling my first ever Texture set!

Comes with everything except trails, due to an unknown problem with trails. If anyone can help me solve my problem please do, but I'd prefer it was through a private message so as to not spam the auction thread.

Now then: The auction.

This is for the set seen above, obviously. Starts today, ends August 20th, but I have the right to change the ending date at any point in time, whether it be an extension or closing it early.

Small changes can be made if requested, although some may require additional fees, so if you would like a change please state so before bidding, so as to not lead to confusion.

Starting Bid: A mere 1K

Raise by at least 500 every bid, or your bid will not count.

10K BUYOUT PRICE

Now then, if you could, LET THE BIDDING BEGIN.

Thank you.

Btw, sorry that the title picture isn't very appealing, after all the work I spent on this set I really just wanted to get it out there, fuck spending another hour on a title bar. :P
Last edited by Demonsoul6; Aug 17, 2008 at 02:44 PM.
Originally Posted by ekke92 View Post
autobuy?
and the head looks kinda... i dont know, did u make eyes?

Well, I more or less went for the tribal abstract look, but then decided to make the tribal look like a face too, I thought it looked kinda funny and liked it. :P

I may make a second version without a fucked up head. XD

I'd rather leave without autobuy for now, because I don't really know the going prices for stuff like this.
imo u shoud make new thighs (they look weird from thee back) and new head. i'd put the autobuy around 10-15k
Last edited by ekke92; Aug 17, 2008 at 02:19 PM.
Erm, what about this for a second head? >_> It's liek.. Evil Tribal Samurai shiznitz.

Tribals are damn hard to match with a head, lol.
Didn't you just paint two circles and use Tribal Brushes for the rest?
<.<
>.>
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post
Didn't you just paint two circles and use Tribal Brushes for the rest?
<.<
>.>

Pretty much, but in the end the difficult part is getting it proportioned correctly and tiling right, etc. Plus, if it looks good as brushes let it be, imo. >_>

Most sets on here consist of pasted pictures, I mean have you looked at some of the faces, xD.

Basically, at least I take time to place them and make them look good rather than just slabbing it overtop of a whole thing.

Why is it that when i posted my WiP of it everyone was like "Oh em gee fantabulous" and now what I try to sell it for an auction I actually get some C&C, when, tbh, I don't really need it, seeing as I'm trying to sell already because I've been convinced it's good. >_>
Last edited by Demonsoul6; Aug 17, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Originally Posted by Demonsoul6 View Post
Plus, if it looks good as brushes let it be, imo. >_>

LOL, it looks as good as the brushes cus they are the brushes, dont argue, i have and use the same brush set.

youre preaching to the choir here guy with explaining why its difficult, we go through the same things aswell...

Originally Posted by Demonsoul6 View Post
Why is it that when i posted my WiP of it everyone was like "Oh em gee fantabulous" and now what I try to sell it for an auction I actually get some C&C, when, tbh, I don't really need it, seeing as I'm trying to sell already because I've been convinced it's good. >_>

Everyone needs c&c, doesnt matter how good you are...

as far as c&c'ing youre work, im gna tell what i tell all people trying to make tribal sets... dont just stick brushes down on a background, use them more like french curves to make other shapes
example: the head in my avatar, was made from 2 of the brushes in this set youre auctioning... the one on the hands and on the front of the first head... does it look anything like the original brushes? no.

for more examples:
/lp 0 BenDover
/lp 0 RiseAgainst
/lp 0 mosier

or if you wanna see what can be done with just sticking brushes on a background /lp 0 slith

I can see youre already starting to do that with the second head, but youre still just sticking the brushes down on a texture...
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 17, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-