Toribash
Original Post
Downloadable chat log.
There should be a command to download the chatlog of a server for staff. Example of somewhere this could be used:

Algiux (op of bet server) said he would sponsor someone 25k. On 420, that person was in a bad spot, so he only bet 5k and said he "lowered" even though next in line was a 10k self bet, meaning he would have had to do at least 15k. He said he would do 25k earlier, and it was too far up to screenshot, thus meaning nobody could report.

If a moderator could download the chat log, then everything would be fine.
I think you have ,in your Toribash folders, a .txt where you can see what's said. Or maybe its only what you say which is wrote in it
Why would humans have arms when they do have legs?
Originally Posted by Zwar View Post
I think you have ,in your Toribash folders, a .txt where you can see what's said. Or maybe its only what you say which is wrote in it

These can't be used as solid evidence as the reporting end could easily change the content of the text file.
that's a bit of a privacy issue, I don't want staff to have access have logs of conversations I have in a private room when just playing with a friend.

they should just automate the whole selfbet and nudge system anyways, there's no need for there to be a human doing all of that work.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
that's a bit of a privacy issue, I don't want staff to have access have logs of conversations I have in a private room when just playing with a friend.

staff already keeps logs iirc. don't chat on other people's/companies' servers if you want to maintain privacy

that also applies to this suggestion as a whole, in terms of its usefulness for staff. that being said, it could make things easier for them. it'd be a neat thing to have for personal use too
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post

they should just automate the whole selfbet and nudge system anyways, there's no need for there to be a human doing all of that work.

I dont see why they shouldn't have?

Almost every large multiplayer game has their logs sent to the company that runs it. You're using their game to communicate, they have a right to attempt to maintain the status of the community in it.

If you want privacy at that level you can simply send each other letters, because every other messaging app takes your logs