Ranking
Original Post
Installing Dreamweaver and Photoshop CS6 under Wine in Ubuntu 12.10?
Ok so I have been trying to install these 2 programs under Wine in Ubuntu 12.10 for a while now, with no luck. I have fully updated my Ubuntu, Updated Wine, and tried another trick that involved amtlib.dll in Wine's System32 folder. But after all this I get the same problem. Whenever I open the installer it will have a loading bar saying "Initialising Installer" but then it will get halfway and then come up with this error.

Please halp! (By the way this happens exactly the same for Dreamweaver and Photoshop, they are both CS6.)

And if it matters, these 2 applications are torrented. From a fellow called "thethingy" on TPB.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
We don't do pirated stuff here. Stop being a cheapskate & pay up if you want to use products like that.

As a note, neither will work doing a straight install and both have issues on Wine.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=25607
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=26222

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Hey Skulfuk, when you were 13 and at school, did you have the cash for Dreamweaver and Photoshop? No? Well keep your mouth shut and don't judge the financial situation of someone you don't know.

And even if I did have the money to waste on it, I wouldn't anyway. I wouldn't pay $1000 on a program I hardly use. But that is off-topic.

Thanks for the 2 links anyway, they gave me some good info.
Last edited by Regent101; Feb 6, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Originally Posted by Regent101 View Post
Hey Skulfuk, when you were 13 and at school, did you have the cash for Dreamweaver and Photoshop? No? Well keep your mouth shut and don't judge the financial situation of someone you don't know.

And even if I did have the money to waste on it, I wouldn't anyway. I wouldn't pay $1000 on a program I hardly use. But that is off-topic.

People who made ps and dw put lots of effort in it. I think they deserve the money and you trying to get it for free is like stealing. And if you are 13, why the hell do you need it anyways? I think there is a 30 days trial if you are that desperate.

Originally Posted by Devil View Post
People who made ps and dw put lots of effort in it. I think they deserve the money and you trying to get it for free is like stealing. And if you are 13, why the hell do you need it anyways? I think there is a 30 days trial if you are that desperate.

My original question has been answered. Why are you replying? And if you reaaaaally want to know why I want Photoshop and Dreamweaver at this age, it is because I want to be a website designer once I leave school, and the work is too easy at school at the moment so I try to learn as much as I can when I have the time. And these 2 programs are the best tools for me to practice. If you would like to know more, PM me, I would be glad to share. But don't start giving me shit about my age and what I spend my time on. /Discussion over.

ps: I wouldn't classify an eagerness for learning as "desperate".
Originally Posted by Regent101 View Post

I suggest using GIMP and Aptana or Eclipse. There's no reason for you to buy industrial grade software to play around with.

There are plenty of free native alternatives. What you are asking for is illegal and not allowed under the general rules and section rules.