Toribash
Original Post
Minibash for Android - Testing
Hi,

We would like you guys to test our Android version of minibash.

Here is what you need to do:

1st step: Download minibash to your android machine: https://cache.toribash.com/android/Minibash.apk

2nd step: Fill in these test cases (if you are unsure, leave the fields blank) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/z2tiqd

Final step: Post your test in this thread in the following format

Machine name: The machine(s) you tested on, example Samsung Galaxy S 2
Android version: Your machine's android version here, example 2.0.0
Account name: The name of the account(s) you tested on, example androidtest0213
Test results: The results of the test in the xls sheet I gave you, uploaded to a server (box.net, sendspace.com etc) or attached here .

Please make sure to fill in the test cases because that is what matters the most for us.

We need to test on a lot of different machines and we lack the hardware to do so, so please help us out

P.S. The guy who hands in the most useful tests might get thanked with other than just a mere "thanks".
-----
Oh, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

*EDIT*

You'll need to tell your phone to allow "unknown sources" in order to install the game.

Go into Settings, then Application. Tick the Unknown Sources box.

~SF

*EDIT*

Please feel free to complain about low FPS or the like, we'd like to know how fast it runs on the different machines.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Feb 13, 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Machine name: Google/Samsung Nexus S I9020A
Android version: Android 2.3.6
(Original ROM, no root)

I've only partially filled out the .xls report, as of this post. Waiting on some overnight training before I can post the full breakdown. Here's some of the non-Ok cells I've found so far:

B3: "Displays username in top right corner" - First attempt gave a generic "username" title upon first online connection. After one restart, the proper name was visible and has stayed visible since.

B5: "Credits 100, Gold 1" - I started with 100 credits and 20 Qi coins. Gold seems to be a deprecated term.

B101: "Verify if [Post Game Screen] is centered" - The text is centered, but the victory image (trophy and text box) are noticeably offset too far to the left of the screen's true center.

B161: "Verify ragdolls don't disappear after you click the menu button" - Ragdolls are hidden when menu screen is open, but blood spatter and other effects remain visible in the background. Everything returns to screen once menu is closed. Could be intentional behavior.

FPS is nice, high and stable. Sound is stable. The issue noted by others earlier in the thread about having to "force" the menu open by pressing the phone's settings button is confirmed for my phone as well.
If you can, please try to fill the sheet with the tests you made.
Just ignore the stuff that are too specific for this release.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Finaly!! Thanks!!

Machine Name: SamSung Galaxy Mini

Android Version: 2.2.3

Account Name: Luigy403

Test Results: Well, the SoundTrack is stable, there is some bugs, the FPS is slow, and, when i press the phone settings button, it asks me if i want to exit. But, that could be better if you put that in the other button, the "back" button. Oh, and the heath is very low. 2 moves and he dies. Fix pleaze.
Last edited by luigy69; Feb 15, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Machine Name: Optimus S

Android Version: 2.2.3 (Pretty sure)

Account Name: Morbon

Test Results: The game was opened, and the minibash logo was shown. After a while, the theme started playing. After quite some time, the screen went black. A couple more moments passed and the some basic variable info popped up on the screen. That was quickly replaced by the title screen. I was bit disappointed to find that rotating my phone did not rotate the screen, so I was forced to hold the phone horizontally. Not too big of a deal. I started the game, and I'm assuming the interface hasn't been implemented yet, because the title screen/pre-tournament screens were VERY basic and minimal. When the fight began, the frame rate pretty much stayed around 7 fps, but occasionally jumped to 10, or dropped to 5. The animations were pretty choppy, and the responsiveness seemed very good, but was only as quick as the frame rate. When I pressed the menu button, it brought me to an 'exit game?' screen, and I learned that I had to use the little button on the screen. It would be better if said button would take you to a return to main screen? screen, and when you pressed in the main screen, asked if you want to exit the game. The shop seemed to be working fine, and I skimmed through most options. When I tried to turn the sound off, the screen went black, and the theme continued playing. I had to use a task manager to stop Minibash.

XLS sheet
Last edited by Morbon; Feb 15, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
Machine name: Huawei Ideos U8150
Android version: 2.2 Froyo
Account name: ebrie3 (Didn't give me an option to choose so I guess it used my gmail account name.)
Test results: Was too slow on my cheapo Droid so this is the best I can provide.
It started up with the Minibash screen and Bg music fine. It then proceeded to show a changing number in the bottom left. The background at this stage was small rectangles of red green and blue going downwards. Like you'd see after sneezing over your computer screen. Said something about me Vs White to Blue belts and then proceeded to start the round. I was only getting a few Fps. Sounds were made when collisions occurred or things happened. The health bar of both players was all white and the same with the timer. This made it hard to know when the round would end and how much health each player had. After hitting the opponent and falling to the ground, I held down the continue frames button for quite a while. I think the game must have been lagging because after releasing the button and waiting a few seconds, the timer showed itself and how much was left. I pressed the button again and it went all white till it must have ended. Then displayed the usual info. All the time it had the weird RGB background.

More about in the round:
As I said, it made sounds on movements and stuff. Clicking a body part was ok and dragging it was fine. There was a lot of lag and it sort of jumped bit by bit from the starting position to where I dragged it to. The ghost worked fine too. Once I hit him, the faces changed Iirc but as the health bars were all white, I couldn't see the outcome of my blow.

That's about it. Obviously as my phone is bottom of the market with Android it will run it quite badly so the flaws I mentioned are likely due. simply, to my phones low processing power and other necessities.

Good luck.
Minibash cant be played without 3G or WiFi connection...

And Minibash is very slow too... It will be fixed?
Omg, that's nice, I'll download it when get home, anyways, thanks to make this version for the android, I was waiting for this ;)