Toribash
Oh no, the oxygen you breathe oxidizes the iron in your blood, eventually killing you, you should stop breathing now to avoid such a horrible fate.

The iron in our blood is used to carry oxygen from our lungs to the other tissues of the body. To do this, each iron atom is bound to a large, multiringed molecule to form heme. Each heme is, in turn, bound to a subunit of a protein called hemoglobin. There are four of these subunits per hemoglobin protein, so each whole hemoglobin contains four bound iron atoms that allow it to carry four oxygen molecules. In order to bind the heme ring and still have electrons available to bind oxygen, the iron atoms must be oxidized to Fe(II), or ferrous, atoms. That is, the iron in our blood is not metallic iron, but is already oxidized ("rusted") before it even sees oxygen. As it binds oxygen in the lungs, the ferrous iron atom donates an electron and becomes a Fe(III), or ferric, atom. Put another way, as oxygen binds hemoglobin, it further oxidizes ("rusts") the already oxidized iron contained in it.

As the blood circulates to the tissues, the hemoglobin begin to release their oxygen back into the blood to nourish the tissues. As the oxygen is released from the ferric iron atoms, the ferric atoms withdraw their donated electron and return to being ferrous atoms. So, the iron atoms cycle between being more rusty when bound to oxygen and less rusty when not bound. In fact, oxygen isn't the only oxidant that can convert ferrous iron into ferric iron in the blood. Many blood toxins, including cyanide, work by oxidizing hemoglobin when oxygen is low. The resulting ferric iron-containing, unoxygenated hemoglobin is called methemoglobin and cannot bind to oxygen, such that increasing levels of methemoglobin in the blood mean decreasing levels of oxygen being carried to the tissues: something like blood asphyxiation.

Seriously, if you're concerned with what you eat to the point of not enjoying what you consume, there is something wrong with you.

I personally don't care if I get cancer 50 years from now, I can just as easily be hit by a bus 20 minutes from now.

Diets are worthless unless they improve the quality of your life. Lengthening your life is not what I would consider improving the quality of it.
Hoss.
That's true for some people, but not me. If eating better means a change to live longer then why not do so. It's just common sense.
Originally Posted by bbush View Post
That's true for some people, but not me. If eating better means a change to live longer then why not do so. It's just common sense.

No it isn't. If you are scraping through every second of that life upset, hating your life, its entirely pointless. You may live longer, but you won't have lived at all, in a sense.
Hoss.
Usually I do not learn from posts on forums, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do so. Suggestions and opinions were being discussed on this post, and I'm so thankful for dropping by here and read all the post.

Healthy foods makes our lives longer.
Faschingskostüme karnevalskostüme. The world is changing fast, and so does the fashion front.

No it isn't. If you are scraping through every second of that life upset, hating your life, its entirely pointless. You may live longer, but you won't have lived at all, in a sense.

I love my life, and i'm sure there are plenty of people who think the same. If eating right means having a chance to spend time with the people/things you love, then do so.
I agree with Hyde.

And just to go back to the "human's are engineered to eat meat and fruit"

Humans have flat teeth with sharp ends, flat teeth are for mashing leaves, sharp teeth are for cutting flesh. We have a combination of both, therefore we're omnivores.

Bread and similar things are man-made food, so technically we're "Not supposed to eat it" but it does give us nutrients, so we can eat it.

Same exact thing with sex.

We're not supposed to give handjobs, blowjobs, titjobs, or have anal sex. But it works, so we can.
Last edited by NormalCitizen; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
I agree with Hyde.

And just to go back to the "human's are engineered to eat meat and fruit"

Humans have flat teeth with sharp ends, flat teeth are for mashing leaves, sharp teeth are for cutting flesh. We have a combination of both, therefore we're omnivores.

Bread and similar things are man-made food, so technically we're "Not supposed to eat it" but it does give us nutrients, so we can eat it.

Same exact thing with sex.

We're not supposed to give handjobs, blowjobs, titjobs, or have anal sex. But it works, so we can.

...Well that escalated quickly. After some research, I do agree that we should have a healthy balance of both plants and meat. It's just certain meats these days are genetically produced for world-wide distribution. The preservatives and excess materials in it can cause some problems for our systems.
In any case, I would like to live long, so i'm going to eat healthy from now on.
Originally Posted by bbush View Post
...Well that escalated quickly.

that's because zayex's preteen mind has to associate everything with sex
pennis and also dicke and balls
Originally Posted by CrazyTaco View Post
that's because zayex's preteen mind has to associate everything with sex

it's funny because you're the one who's like "omg i m gonna kill myself because I'm going crazy" on skype :P

That's right, I went there.