Ranking
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
In the US it seems very easy to be pressured into doing something and having to stay with the crowd to stay liked and popular. Elsewhere, such as britain, it's more relaxed and you can do what you like most of the time.

Isn't peer pressure a world-wide thing?
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
I believe it's a worldwide thing.

And also op yea, social pressure is really annoying,
Apparently because of my hobby to watch animu and disliking soccer I'm not popular in school 8/
:D
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Isn't peer pressure a world-wide thing?

Depends. In real life USA is it to the same extent as you see in movies and tv? If so, then the US is on a whole different level to anything I've seen before.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Graduate, get good grades, do the right things.

My siblings dropped out and got into pretty bad situations in life, I'm trying to learn from their mistakes and make my parents proud.
Peer pressure is a world-wide thing, yes, but, jclark's situation doesn't happen here in Britain from what I know.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
If you don't feel societal pressure then you probably have a mental disability

self confidence is a mental disability
im here to ruin your fun
He means that by the way you phrased your sentence that you have never ever faced any type of societal pressure. Which has to be a complete lie, even if you didn't go through with it you still felt it. If in fact that you are a completely unstoppable confidence machine I apologize.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by keggy View Post
self confidence is a mental disability

SIZE 7 BOLDED STRAWMAN

What are you on about? You said you never felt societal pressure. Self confidence or not you should still feel societal pressure. If you can't feel it then isn't that a sign that you are a sociopath?

Originally Posted by Sociopath
noun, Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

I'm not saying you are a degenerate or mentally handicapped, it's just something to be aware of. You should probably see a psychologist if you are being serious and not just saying this stuff to seem edgy and cool.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
I believe it's a worldwide thing.

And also op yea, social pressure is really annoying,
Apparently because of my hobby to watch animu and disliking soccer I'm not popular in school 8/

I don't dislike sports, but I don't play them. Unlike a lot of males, I wasn't really drawn to sports. I remember back in sixth grade when I THOUGHT I liked basketball. I signed up for a basketball workshop and learned a few things, but I didn't really feel happy. I realized that the main reason I wanted to learn how to play was that most of my friends played basketball and I wanted to be like them.
a spoon.
Probably felt guilty of something you were supposed to do. Like training or workouts and such, i feel guilty when skipping it.
Bringer of Hell