Ranking
Originally Posted by 00Assassin00 View Post
i meant that u got pictures and some cliparts and used it, not using pen or any tool in the program u use, that's what i meant. so did u use some cliparts or pictures or backgrounds?

Hey assassin.

I understood your question. I use photoshop cs5, and the tools therein. My
methods might be different from what other artists use, I don't know. But
every design is made from scratch. If I can give a hint to how I like to work,
I like to create a pattern, or a design, then either cut out of it the shapes I want, then modify them, warp, twist, whatever it is I need til I'm satisfied, then apply filters like render chrome (soul warden set), or other filter depending on what i want, then add fx like shading, drop shadow, bevel & emboss, etc... So yes, there is some drawing with pen and I do use brushes, but most of it is not done that way, but done the previous way. Either way you look at it, in my opinion, there is no set way on how an image should be created, what matters is creating something that is pleasing to the eye in the end. I hope this answers your question, and I hope you enjoy the sets.
I sure enjoy making them, and I intend to keep trying to push the envelope as far as it can possibly go within the Toribash game. Again, thanks for your interest and comments.

Kind regards,

evo.
rock the world, one fight at a time
Originally Posted by Squidooo View Post
Nice skins evo.
I had a question though, do you convert your files to TGA format and preview them to tweak them?

Hey Squidoo.
Yes I do. In fact I probably go from photoshop to tb in game to
check wip hundreds of times for one set. I suppose when I've made
20-30 sets, I'll likely make fewer trips back and forth lol. I still have only
made a small handful of sets. Thanks for stopping by, and for the kind words.
Cheers.
evo
Come check out a new set I've made called Evorocket's Ninja. This one is sold, but it is an example of what I can do for a budget of 40-80k. It takes me roughly 1-2 weeks time to produce a set of this level. Everything is done from scratch. No c/p. I did use brushes on this Ninja set. It is all in 512x512. The set came with two alternate heads. One with a head band, and the one shown in the pictures is without. The head was inspired by loz sheik, hence the light hair color, face mask, and head band. If anyone wants to see images with the head band, let me know and I'll upload pics.

evo
Do you do HQ cartoon sets? And I might offer on the killing gears/warden sets on friday.
Originally Posted by puss View Post
Do you do HQ cartoon sets? And I might offer on the killing gears/warden sets on friday.

Hey puss.
Thanks for stopping by and for your interest. If you can pm me with examples of what you like, I'll better be able to tell you if I can make a set for you.
Give me as much details as possible.
Budget, resolutions, colors, etc... Also you said you might contact me Friday about my gears and/or warden sets. I'll be away for a week and won't be able to answer you for a bit. Just letting you know, I won't be ignoring you, lol, I'll get back to you as soon as I return.

Kind regards,

evo
Set prices for "killing gears" and "soul warden" sets
If my "killing gears" and "soul warden" transparency sets have attracted you in the past, but you didn't make an offer on them, here is your chance to get them. Now they both have a set price, but are none the less still negotiable.

By the way, I have another killer set on the way. Should be up shortly, so check back often!

Kind regards,

evo
Brand New HQ Transparency Set by evorocket: "THE EXECUTIONER"
Come one come all!

Come check out my latest HQ Transparency set, "THE EXECUTIONER". I continued in my transparency style, but nearly drove myself crazy with the amount of detail in this one. About 10x more than my previous "Gears" set. This one took two weeks to complete. It is now available to purchase.

Kind regards,

evo
Better close up pictures of The EXECUTIONER in-game
Ok. Someone said that it was hard to tell what was transparent and what was not, so I added some better close up pictures so you can really see how the set looks in game. The one on the left has lax joints, and the one on the right has force joints. This is to show how the force and lax affects the joints and transparency.

evo
20k for the executioner set?
Im like a snapple you may not like the flavor but once you pop the top the sun gets hot