Ranking
Original Post
Toribash in Twitch
Hi. On Twitch (the live streaming video platform). I have not seen anyone who plays this great game that is Toribash. Why is this due? Is there any kind of enmity or disagreement between the two platforms?

Today I've streamed on my channel (I'm not going to tell the name of it so you dont say that I spam, (some moderator are very fussy and meticulous, -damn you, btw-) and no, the name of the channel it is not Oowl984).
And I think I got a person encouraged to try the game.

I think that when streaming, people would know this game and increase the number of players, (I see that there are very few lately).

Thank you very much Hampa and the team that has created a game as great as this one.

-Yes, this last sentence is a sticky flattery like sucked candy- :-p
no one stream toribash anymore simply because its pretty much a dead game and it wont get you views on your stream, end of the story.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .

Look, one of many cordial users of the toribash forum. Maybe that's why it's because people do not want to be part of the Toribash community, because of the many toxic users that are here.

The history continues, fool.
It's a very slow game to stream, and suffers from a high learning curve and queuing.

A couple of us used to stream it, and it got a decent response but the community was much more lively at the time, and it fizzled out relatively fast just because the game is so slow and none of us were particularly great at streaming.

It much more suits an editted format that showcases specific parts; see concon's youtube series or all the edits people used to do

EDIT: there's also a weird gap in the age range that play this game, by the feels of it. Lots of young teens playing the game, and then a lot of us sticking around the forums have been here 8+ years and are hitting our 20's. Probably makes for a weird mix for a stream cos you're streaming for one audience or the other, and neither group is probably big enough to make it long term worth.
Last edited by Erth; Apr 26, 2019 at 03:39 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Thank you Erth for your answer, complete and educated, really thank you.
In twitch there are not only young viewers, for example I am over 40 years old and there (in twitch) I am meeting people of my age range and similar tastes, it is not just about games, but also musical and artistic tastes. It does not have to be an exciting and fast game to be able to enjoy its broadcast, some spectators like calm things. My intention in opening this thread is to encourage people to make known this toribash, a kind of mixture of martial art and chess in 3D, where sagacity and mental speed is the important thing.
Originally Posted by oowl984 View Post

Look, one of many cordial users of the toribash forum. Maybe that's why it's because people do not want to be part of the Toribash community, because of the many toxic users that are here.

Why is this the best post on the forums

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة

tho it may not be the whole story but that was a fact.
toxicity exist in every gaming community and tbh its really not that bad in toribash and ver unlikely to be a reason (idk why i'm explaining that when you are obviously being sarcastic)
and i'd like to add to what erth said that the game didn't get many updates and new things going on few years back and the devs started putting in the effort a bit too late which caused people to get bored.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
The game isn't made for the modern internet community I feel, and mainly not for Twitch standards. If you know Osu! for example, I think it's in some way similar to TB: it's interesting to watch only top players. In Osu! the only (or mostly at least) successful streamers are the really good players in the top 50 global, it's a game where you can hardly find any way to entertain without making top plays. Toribash in my opinion isn't interesting to watch, you might as well be in a server playing, what instead could be cool is seeing really skilled players warring with the clan, dueling or creating replays. Seeing for example a skilled clan leader leading his clan to victory in a war creates an objective that could emotionally involve the audience, that could happen in duels too.

Unfortunately due to how the game was born and slowly evolved during these years, it didn't develop "together" with internet. I think that right now it's a bit late to change how things are flowing, it sucks to admit it but the playerbase is very limited, that doesn't mean the game can't evolve more with TB Next and focus on creating those big objectives that I was talking about, create a way to clearly distinguish players that earn their way to the top. There's a competitive system but you can immediately tell that the game isn't built around it, there's no ranking ladder immediately visible to new players, they have no way to know "who the best player is". Competitive is kind of an hidden mechanic right now, it doesn't develop that feeling of having cool guys at the top to worship.

If TB Next ends up being Toribash but just with a better engine, you still won't find it on Twitch and history will most likely repeat itself. Not that's a bad thing, the game has been alive for 13 years and that's not an easy task.

That's how I feel about the situation anyways.
Well, thanks again to everyone for participating in this debate.
For me, twitch is not only watching the best players play, in fact I enjoy watching smaller channels with players that you can see they are enjoying while playing and talking or chatting with their viewers. I can see that many of the most famous no longer enjoy of the game, they do it by obligation to get more income, at the beggining, they enjoy it and now yo can see that they prostitute their time.

On toribash, while you are waiting for your turn in the fight, that time can be spent interacting with the viewer, either through chat or talking. I personally do not care to see the web cams of the players, in fact I prefer to see the game than their faces or listen to their voice, it will be because I prefer the old school chat.

And Alpha, no, I was not being sarcastic, I did not like at all the way you've write in your first message, without acrimony I tell you.
On toribash, while you are waiting for your turn in the fight, that time can be spent interacting with the viewer, either through chat or talking. I personally do not care to see the web cams of the players, in fact I prefer to see the game than their faces or listen to their voice, it will be because I prefer the old school chat.

The problem is that you do exactly that everytime you play: when it's not your turn you watch the game and chat with other players. You can see that a lot of what a streamer can do is already more than avaiable in the game itself. I understand that the figure itself of the streamer is different than the usual player and you might want to watch TB without having to play yourself, but it all comes down to the streamer's personality, not to what he's actually doing in the game. A great streamer will grab more attention obviously, but Toribash as a game doesn't help with that.