ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Improve the tutorial feature.
Hello everyone, I am new to Toribash and I'm learning learning the game slowly but I have often found myself utterly clueless about how I should do different stuff.

What I mean is that showing a few moves (Which can't even be used in multiplayer) is in my opinion completely stupid. Instead, I think struggling newbies like me would like a guide on how different limbs work, basic movement (jumping, walking) tutorials and maybe some advanced moves (Back/Frontflips, running etc.). Either way, playing the parkour game modes and those which require one to run or jump are way too difficult for new players, which might just be because of the lack of ingame help.

Does anyone have anything to say about this subject? I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this :s

(Sorry for my bad english btw, not my first language.)
Not all self learning and Player tips
Like everyone else I completely support this. When I made my account there was no tutorial whatsoever and I struggled pretty badly with toribash's learning curve and I'm pretty sure if the current tutorial were there it would have made no difference. Also, running and parkour come from practice but a run starter in the tutorial wouldn't hurt anybody. Even if a fully guided run was added to the tutorial, an improvise 'test your skills' section could be added afterwards making new players learn how to move after an initial starter while forbidding them to do movements that are the same or too similiar to the tutorial ones throughout.

A little useful minor suggestion on this would be adding useful tips taken from some of the better tutorials like the wushu tutorial or Erth's TK. Some of the little things like relaxing a leg to help you straighten out a jump would really help new players past the 'icAnt do anEthng' stage most white belts seem to go through.
M8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a newbie and still having a hard time figuring some things out.

I believe Toribash could use a better tutorial. Mostly, it should teach balance and moving first, before showing the sample moves, and then there should be a word or two about game modes.
°̩ some what agree with lagswitch but itl also be fair because ů get †ƕ£ noob hunters that use alts to join beginer servers ( °̩ very rarely do this but °̩ have done this on bored ocasions) it could go into simple things like a way of setting up kicks an punches
-----
Or even better a tut for each of †ƕ£ major mods like a tut for akido that shows how to reverse a shovel or how to flip ur opponent or †ƕ£ very famous head decap move
Last edited by gargoyl44; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I actually agree, they shouldn't just tell you moves, they should tell you about aikido, what joints do, spar and Parkour tut that makes you learn about running and all that stuff
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Happy that this many people like the idea, now to get moderators acknowledged about this thread.

lazors Moderated Message:
acknowledged, and closed because thread has too little content.
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 10, 2015 at 07:16 AM.