Ranking
Original Post
[tex] WIP Crysis Head
GRRAAAAAAAHHHH SO MANY HOURS OF WORK!!!

Anyways, yeah, been working on this a long time keeping all of your guys' awesome critiques in mind

I really focused on mapping it properly before starting work (it's not perfect, but I can see a visible improvement from my last two heads) originally done for a set request but it proved to take far to long to even do the head '-.-

Spend sooo long on the visor D: But I think it looks good.

Show

Title says it. Crysis based head WIP.

I know the back needs work but that's my next course of action.

C&C appreciated and always will be
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 31, 2011 at 01:53 AM.
The visor is in the right place, I don't ever see people with their eyes in the middle of their face. It's pretty awesome so far, try darkening it, a lot.
Tint is sex.
Originally Posted by Praeter View Post
The visor is in the right place, I don't ever see people with their eyes in the middle of their face. It's pretty awesome so far, try darkening it, a lot.

In most cases people have their eyes in a variation from the center or a little above the center of the head (yes this is a head not a face). And this visor just looks too high. It would be much cooler if the visor is taller.
Also if this took you many hours you should work on speeding up your process a little. This shouldn't take more than a maximum of 1 hour.

You should stop saying "yeah I know it suck" "This is my first time" etcetc, because who cares really? if you are bad at textures then don't say it we as humans have the ability to judge if it sucks or not, and being self ironic about your own art is the stupidest thing you can ever do. Things you can do on another hand is to say "I'm not done with this texture" or "Trying to improve it"
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 30, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
What I think is that the visor is too small... =/ and the "ear" part should be partially hidden by the google thing.
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
The visors position isnt what bothers me about it.
its the size, its tiny.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Couple minor fixes I think makes it look much better:

@Ezeth: I did fix my post to reflect what I meant better. Also, I disagree when you say I need to pick up the pace, I think I'd rather take it slow and enjoy myself than attempt to mass-produce textures when I don't really care about the TC. My thoughts anyhow.
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 31, 2011 at 01:57 AM.
Pretty cool, but you ought to put some Highlights on the top white part of helmet, looks dull compared to the rest of the helm.