Toribash
some of the religions answer this question
i'm too lazy to get deep into it tho

SmallBowl Moderated Message:
This doesnt add anything to the discussion, go deeper in future or dont post
Last edited by SmallBowl; May 24, 2017 at 08:42 PM.
We are alive to continue the human race. That is my answer.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am probably late to the discussion but I believe that the meaning of life is your own. I feel that we have to find our purpose, what we live for or what we want to live for.

For me, I think that I have found my purpose. I want a family. A wife. Children. I want to get a well paying job so that I can afford to have a family. As I said before, I think that the meaning of life is your own.
Steam: aruwind
For me, we have no actual purpose. We just happen to be a member of the most-dominant specie of a small rocky planet that revolves around a yellow-dwarf star in a vast and ever-growing universe (which possibly belongs to an infinitely vast multiverse).

The point is, we are irrelevant. My life, your life, your pet's life, is no more important than the life of the mosquito that I swatted earlier.
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
Originally Posted by Sc1ence01 View Post
For me, we have no actual purpose. We just happen to be a member of the most-dominant specie of a small rocky planet that revolves around a yellow-dwarf star in a vast and ever-growing universe (which possibly belongs to an infinitely vast multiverse).

The point is, we are irrelevant. My life, your life, your pet's life, is no more important than the life of the mosquito that I swatted earlier.

Irrelevant to whom? that's right, i said whom
Your life was extremely relevant to the life of that mosquito.

Irrelevant to the universe? Some non-conscious amalgamation of everything? Does that irrelevancy even matter? Why do we talk about that?

We're totally relevant maaaan. We are relevant to ourselves and everything and everyone we pass by on this trip we call liiife, maaaan!
I might make some spelling or grammatical errors so please bear with me.

For me, I just find it hard to know the true purpose of life if we are just technically irrelevant to the universe we live in. We just happen to burst out of our dad's dick and reach our mother's egg cell while leaving millions of other sperm dead in the process.

But hey, that's just me. I respect your point of view.
Originally Posted by Sc1ence01 View Post
I might make some spelling or grammatical errors so please bear with me.

For me, I just find it hard to know the true purpose of life if we are just technically irrelevant to the universe we live in. We just happen to burst out of our dad's dick and reach our mother's egg cell while leaving millions of other sperm dead in the process.

Yeah, so take that one step further. Since there's no greater meaning to be found anywhere, where do you go from there? You can either choose to be a pessimistic party-pooper who drones on about the futility and meaningless of life OR you could choose be a happy guy and decide to create your own meaning in life.

So yeah, we both agree about the existential lack of purpose in life. We're just differing in how we're adjusting to this reality.

In the words of the late great Carl Sagan, 'We are the custodians of life's meaning'. There is no greater cosmic purpose - We set our own goals.
For me it's as simple as that. We make our own meaning.
Last edited by Ele; Jul 22, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
I gotta admit, those are some great points, and very well said ones too.

Its been an honor discussing with you.

I sure do hope this subforum gets revived though, that'll be great.