Ranking
Original Post
referral system
The basic idea is that players should get rewards for bringing new players to the game.

There should be an input for a "referrer's name" where my friends put my username if I tell them to play Toribash. If one of my friends plays 100 matches, buys items from the Torishop, wins auto-tourneys, etc... , I should get some type of reward (TC, forum gear, exclusive items) for bringing an active player to the game.

There would be different tiers of rewards such as

100 games played - referrer gets 10 TC
1000 games played - referrer gets 100 TC
1,000,000 TC spent - referrer gets animated avatar on forums

(These are just examples for you to understand the idea).

Especially with Toribash Next coming out sometime in the future, which will hopefully bring a large influx of new players to the game, It would be great to have a referral system in place.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
there used to be a referal system, where you had a link for it, but you already got tc if someone clicked on it. got abused in several ways (bait click in your sig etc.)

anyways, its a good idea but i think there is no need to really introduce it prior to toribash next, as just alot of questions will come up and people are in fear of loosing their items with it.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
This could be interesting if it was based on spending real money to nabi, even if people make alts to get rewards hampo wins
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
there used to be a referal system, where you had a link for it, but you already got tc if someone clicked on it. got abused in several ways (bait click in your sig etc.)

anyways, its a good idea but i think there is no need to really introduce it prior to toribash next, as just alot of questions will come up and people are in fear of loosing their items with it.

yeah i remember that, but this is very much not the same idea.

The system can work with Toribash next coins or Toribash Next items, and it is the same forum so forum rewards are still usable with both games. It should be introduced before Toribsh next to take advantage of the influx in new players checking out the game.

Originally Posted by AussieCunt View Post
This could be interesting if it was based on spending real money to nabi, even if people make alts to get rewards hampo wins

Yeah, the rewards could require you to make a purchase of any amount or over a certain amount before the referrer gets a reward. IP addresses and such can be checked, and the players who were referred should have to play a number of games and/or have a number of forum posts before the referrer gets a reward.
My way or no way, totalatarian.