Toribash
A lot of good ideas are bounced around here. In general, we seem to all agree on the fact tb is a hardcore game,which does require patience and perseverance, and that the forums play a huge role in the success and longevity of the game. I believe TB would benefit from some form of advertisement. Some really well made trailers would definitely do that. As to where to put them, that is not my line of expertise, but I would very gladly lend some of my texture sets to the people making the videos, if that would be of any help. We know what this game and its forums does for us. That is what we need the trailer to show off. I think we need to find a way to include the importance of the forums in the trailer.
In game, I often steer players towards the forums, of which they had never even heard.
So then I tell them they are missing out on half the fun the game has to offer.
rock the world, one fight at a time
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
I'll just leave this here..

This is fucking amazing. I'd play a game if it looked this awesome.
oh yeah
I wouldn't mind seeing Toribash on greenlight, and i would gladly pay for it as well.
But I guess that's just me...
Helge Sverre - System Developer
https://helgesverre.com
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
One of ten people I told about Toribash tried it, played it and abandon it after few weeks. The rest told me I'm crazy for playing it.

This, Toribash isn't a game for everyone...its a game for people who like computers and like spending time to get good to something. You also need to be able to discover stuff yourself, because the interface isn't user-friendly Also, a big part of the game is the forum...
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
))
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
This, Toribash isn't a game for everyone...its a game for people who like computers and like spending time to get good to something. You also need to be able to discover stuff yourself, because the interface isn't user-friendly Also, a big part of the game is the forum...

I had a hard time when i first started because its alot of learning on your on. (Luckily i had uric). Unlike league ir tf2 its nit a aimple play a match and win money game takes alot more skill and devotion of your time.
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
This is fucking amazing. I'd play a game if it looked this awesome.

It's the wrong version, but i always liked this.
When tb 4.0 came out I interviewed hampa about the features and the future of tb. Shameless blog plug if anyone wants to see what he said about it. (it's in the second interview)

For those wo can't be bothered clicking on a link and shifting through other stuff about hair and music etc etc, here's the gist of it :

Gist

"[11:17pm] Thorn: I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being so productive"
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
TB's a long way off being Steam ready. It'd need stability fixed, a payment system made specifically for Steam + the ingame shop would need a major rework, tutorials remade yadda yadda.

If TB was put on Greenlight in it's current state no matter what trailers were used it'd be downvoted into oblivion, not to mention Valve wouldn't allow it since they have a lot of specifics that need to be met when it comes to ingame purchases.

seems like hamp said " ah i don't give a shit, let's throw it as it is and see how it will work "
well steam always put forums for games
well this forum be abandond?
well new guys go to that forums and leave this
thats what i am afraid of
this forum is responable of toribash what about that it wont recored like belt,posts,clans and stuff
INB4 14 days ban
Pusga great video GL 9 i think stuff like this will be good on greenlight page
Video prewiev its important part so i think stuff like this will be looks very good