Toribash
Original Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rapidly Growing MMORPG! [P2P]

Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and be the
hero of your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven
massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts.
Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between
the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

Join us. Your personal Star Wars saga begins in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

That's right, you heard it, an MMORPG by Bioware, the company that has made many top-selling RPG's such as Mass Effect and Dragon Age and has now integrated it into a fully online and, from the view of many, AMAZING and breathtaking completely voiced over story line. The decisions you make affect the persistent world around you and future storyline.

The game divides into two simple factions; The Republic, who try to uphold the justice inside of the many Galaxies, and The Empire, those who suppress the rights and opinions of all the inhabitants of the many planets they control. Choose between one of the 10 raises, some specific for each faction while the others being shared. Races do not have a direct influence on your game experience yet they will affect the way NPCs interact with you. There is a total of 8 classes, divided by the two factions. Each has two advanced specializations that are further branched into three separate skill trees. Some of the classes are similar to eachother faction-wise but yet not completely the same. Job advancements take place at level 10.

Get together and play!
Server - Name - Toribash Name - Level

The Deadweight - Wandor - Lume - 18/14/7/1
The Deadweight - EyeronClub - Giantz - 21

http://www.swtor.com/
The game is an initial purchase of 60$ on origin and a 15$ per month charge to play.

Thread information and thoughts provided by Lume and Giantz.

Last edited by Lume; Jan 2, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Was waiting for it so long time. I'm going to buy it when i will be in the town.
meow
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
60 then 15 a month... And on origin, ill stick to 5$ killing floor

If you're not willing to pay such a small amount to play such a quality game, then there's really nothing I can say. Honestly, this is nothing at the moment compared to some of the P2P MMORPG's such as World of Warcraft where you pretty much are forced to buy the expansion packs which come to a total of around 140$~ plus the 15$ monthly fee.
Last edited by Lume; Dec 29, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
So, after me and Giantz played up until level 12 we can pretty much sum up the beginning -stretch-.

While the game isn't as linear as most mmorpgs, you still do get the basic kill x or travel y or transport x. The game does a GREAT job, however, on making these linear quests interesting with the dialogue options because choosing one different chat option can change the entire quest and the outcome of rewards, actual events and quests ahead. Once we hit level 10, we both picked are job specializations. I'm a shadow, speccing in melee stealth dps and he's a commando speccing in healing. Since we both started on different planets, we finally met up in the same city and started doing my storyline as a 2 man co-op. We did the first instance, which, by the way, is HUGE and took us about an hour+. The first instance is esseles and it is basically you are on a republic transport ship and are attacked by the empire because one of the passangers is a republic ambassador. The instance carries on throughout the whole HUGE ship, filled with about 4 bosses, and then you have to board the empire ship and clear that. Definitely my favorite MMORPG i've EVER played and Giantz can say the same. Right now we are in the market district of corrusant doing missions that involve strippers, gangsters and smugglers. Finished a few heroic 2+ instances and such around there and we're definitely having a blast. By the way, we each have a companion so it's more like a 4 group of people, my companion is the lizard who is a standard tanky bruiser with a staff-like weapon and is focused on hunting while Giantz's is a black man with a minigun. Quite good stuff. At level 14, we're about to start the world based and instance based warzones(or PvP) and hopefully get some good loot and have a fun. They did a pretty good job at balancing PvP as far as buffing your stats if you're too low of a level, like, say a level 15 fighting a level 30, depending on the class you are you'll actually have a fair chance.
It's a bit sad, I would gladly play this game if I had the income to support a P2P game, but unfortunately I don't. Definitely looks fun though, so I'm secretly hoping it reaches the same situation as most P2Ps and switches to a F2P with shop model.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
It's a bit sad, I would gladly play this game if I had the income to support a P2P game, but unfortunately I don't. Definitely looks fun though, so I'm secretly hoping it reaches the same situation as most P2Ps and switches to a F2P with shop model.

Fortunately, and probably best for the company, the game won't be going -bankrupt- any time soon because they already have over 3 million dedicated players and mostly all servers are normally full.
Not sure if anyone asked already, but does this work on Mac OS too?
RIP ∑
master of the universe
Bioware has stated that they will not be releasing a Mac OS client but you can run it using boot camp.