Ranking
When I walked into my room, there was a sheet on the ground. It was obviously a ghost who had passed out so I proceeded to kick it.

Supernatural is boss, I hope ghosts are real but I'm really not sure. They should definitely be, it's too awesome of a concept.
lol
Devil's proof, there is no way to prove that there was no natural way for the remote to be there. (I may as well state that there is also no way to prove the nonexistence of ghosts, but I'm getting to that.)

Hempel's raven, since most things we see are not ghosts, and the amount of things we can see is incredibly large, it is reasonably safe to assume that ghosts cannot be seen.

Rinse and repeat for hear, smell, taste, feel, and exist. It thus comes down to it that it is reasonably safe to assume that ghosts cannot interact with the world, and that they do not exist. No real problems so far.

Occam's razor, any correct answer is equivalent to all other correct answers, as such the shortest correct answer is the most useful. In this case, shortest will be taken to mean the number of requisite unfounded assumptions. Let us assume that the existence of ghosts is a possible assumption. Thus, the simplest explanation is the one that does not assume the existence of unproven phenomena. That is, with almost certainty, ghosts do not exist, and anything that can be blamed on them can be blamed on something else.

...for the most part, unless you can defeat the initial devil's proof, it is completely unreasonable to claim this incident was done by a ghost. For all we know, tiny kleptomaniacal tweety birds did it. That'd also explain the wobbling. Alternatively, earthquakes.

--

Edit: Furthermore, you can't defeat that devil's proof, since it happened in the past (and as such any information about it has almost definitely been wiped away) and you're not perfect (so you could miss anything, including a horde of zombies in the kitchen).
Last edited by suomynona; Sep 25, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
(so you could miss anything, including a horde of zombies in the kitchen).

You have no idea of how much i laughed.
--
I kow that are no real proofs about demons,ghosts,angels,djinns and supernatural beings (i'm not citating the tv program),since they were past experiences on someone's life(sometimes ,simple lies).In Petra there are "djinns",guards keep complaining about being hit by small stones,hear voices,sounds that resemble an sword fight,flashlights and the figure of persons sitted in the dark .Djinns only "live" on places filled with tombs(wich is the case of Petra,but the tombs were stolen).
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people
Hamsters ♥ Eternally proud to be Fyre ♥
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Devil's proof, there is no way to prove that there was no natural way for the remote to be there. (I may as well state that there is also no way to prove the nonexistence of ghosts, but I'm getting to that.)

Hempel's raven, since most things we see are not ghosts, and the amount of things we can see is incredibly large, it is reasonably safe to assume that ghosts cannot be seen.

Rinse and repeat for hear, smell, taste, feel, and exist. It thus comes down to it that it is reasonably safe to assume that ghosts cannot interact with the world, and that they do not exist. No real problems so far.

Occam's razor, any correct answer is equivalent to all other correct answers, as such the shortest correct answer is the most useful. In this case, shortest will be taken to mean the number of requisite unfounded assumptions. Let us assume that the existence of ghosts is a possible assumption. Thus, the simplest explanation is the one that does not assume the existence of unproven phenomena. That is, with almost certainty, ghosts do not exist, and anything that can be blamed on them can be blamed on something else.

...for the most part, unless you can defeat the initial devil's proof, it is completely unreasonable to claim this incident was done by a ghost. For all we know, tiny kleptomaniacal tweety birds did it. That'd also explain the wobbling. Alternatively, earthquakes.

--

Edit: Furthermore, you can't defeat that devil's proof, since it happened in the past (and as such any information about it has almost definitely been wiped away) and you're not perfect (so you could miss anything, including a horde of zombies in the kitchen).

That just blew my mind.
Back when I was like 11 or 12, I was left alone in the house because my parents were working, and I used to hear the slightest noise and freak out, it happened for about 2 months. You can get so paranoid so easily. One day, I was just chilling in my room on the computer like I always did, not being perticularly scared, but it was in the time of them few months. So anyway, I hear this thump or what I described as a heavy footstep on my stairs I believed. Seconds later I hear scratches on my door and then the door handle turned and the door opened a tiny bit. I mean, you may say that it was my dog or cat, but they never EVER come upstairs to my room, and they never EVER scratch on doors unless they want to get into the room where my parents are. And sometimes my door opens when someone closes a door downstairs or bangs something, but that's only when the door is half closed, like when I don't do it properly, but there was no one in the house.
I think it was all my mind playing tricks on me, I don't know.
Tint is sex.
I mean you have some psicological problems...have you think about the idea of the remote have been on your hands all the time?
look out for a doctor ;)
'-'