Toribash
Original Post
Useful addition: real time replay saving in live games
So when you enter a match mid-game, you will see some crazy shit because how of the game registers moves. What if the server automatically saved the input moves from the beginning, and then sent it to someone who joins mid-game? Then you would be able to correctly see what's going on. When you join, it will load what happened before you joined. You'll see a very short replay of the ~200 frames you missed, and from then on, the game can continue like it would now. I'm not into coding or programming, but I don't think this would require drastic changes to the game.
f=m*a syens
Hello arglax, I agree that this would be a really neat feature, but I am not sure on how useful it would be. Usually replays do not matter unless it is your match? I definitely understand where you are coming because it is quite annoying to join a room, and then the players jump to another location, and the end replay is all glitchy. I don't believe it is really necessary, but I can be proven wrong.
A hasbeen like the rest
mmm, I like the idea, but would it be possible?
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Hello arglax, I agree that this would be a really neat feature, but I am not sure on how useful it would be. Usually replays do not matter unless it is your match? I definitely understand where you are coming because it is quite annoying to join a room, and then the players jump to another location, and the end replay is all glitchy. I don't believe it is really necessary, but I can be proven wrong.

the only function is that you can see the match properly, the replay is only a temporary file: it's deleted after the game.
f=m*a syens
yes this is quite irritating, there should at least be a temporary replay saving server somewhere to help with visuals after joining a game, or perhaps just registering values that came earlier instead of computing invalid/half assed values.