Toribash
Original Post
No Ghosts Option
I have no idea if this has been suggested already and if it has please tell me so. I was thinking of an option where you can turn the ghosts off. I think this would be a cool way to test how you can fight without seeing your ghost. I know you can already do this in singleplayer but I was wondering what it would be like in multiplayer.

This idea would only be used for fun purposes such as a tournament without ghosts to see who can play the best without seeing their ghost. This would also be added as an option in the game rules so when you enter a server you know if ghosts are turned off or on to avoid scamming in duels. I understand ghosts are an essential part of the game but again, this is for fun purposes to test how well you can control your Tori. Say what you think about this idea, I know there could be some flaws in it and it might as-well be useless, but it's only for fun, no harm intended and it can't really be used for the bad since the game rules would tell you before you even play.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
Originally Posted by MindStorm View Post
inb4 local ghost hacks. It wouldn't be impossible to hack around that. Also duels would still be scammable because not many people read the gamerules or anything. It would never be added because the server would have to disable a local feature of the game and that could easily be modded around so you can see ghosts (at least seeing your own wouldn't be too hard).

~ Not supported

1st thing I would like to clear up, anything is possible to hack, every new option put into a game can be hacked. That is one of the risks devs need to take in order to improve the game, it can ofc be fixed and remove the created hack. Even if someone managed to hack this feature, it would be easy to track down the player and perma-ban him. Second, if people do not read the game rules before entering then that is their fault, you can always report a duel scam if the option was turned on when you entered. And last but not least, it is a local feature of the game like all the games have their own, there's nothing wrong with giving the players the option to alter these features to make it "different" and interesting.
Things like these are not easy to hack guys.... That's like saying you can hack the normal ghosts into realtime ghost against your opponent.
Hacking your ghost into a realtimeghost would require someone spectated and both people running 2 versions of the hack and sending the data across. Also you'd need to be on different proxies or else you would be multiclienting and look pretty obvious. It's hard sure, but not impossible.

However, hacking something like this would not be very difficult at all. You'd just need your local machine to use toribash's code and generate it's own ghost regardless of if the server is disabling it or not.

To put it in other words. It would work like this:

Server blocks ghosts > Client disables its ghost since server disabled it > [client hacks to enable the ghost]

Now because it ends at the client, the client can just re-add the ghost and the server won't care.

Like in minecraft a server can disable client side flight because it works like this:

Server disables flight > [Client starts flying] > Server detects flight and puts the player back on the ground.

However since there is no way to detect if a ghost is enabled or disabled from the server then it can't be stopped.

What I CAN see happening though is some sort of option added to creating mods that allow a mod to be created with ghosts enabled or disabled. Since this is coded into the mod (which is installed on the client), the client can then forcefully disable any hacks from getting around it.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.