Toribash
Original Post
Your opinion about shoveling
It's simple.
I have seen lots of people's dislike towards shoveling.
There's also people who are not against shoveling.
I want to know why people think this way.
And this is why I'll ask the following questions...

1) What is shoveling?

2) Why are you against shoveling?

3) Why are you not against shoveling?
1. A tactic in Aikido or similar gamemodes where Player 1 pushes Player 2 up and out of the dojo , DQing Player 2.

2. It's an easy move to do , that is hard to counter , and is so widespread that you need no real skill to win with the tactic , taking away from the competition that could be had.

3. It gives Player 2 something to test his/her skills on.

Also , technical timetravel

Hard to counter? LOL! It's one of the easiest things in the game to counter.

I'v never personally came up against a shoveler , as I am absolutely terrible at Aikido and normally stick to Judo or Wushu , but that's what a few people I know have said about it.
Last edited by Jaginun; May 16, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
If you are new to Judo , feel free to PM me for some tips/lessons |_-_| Steam name: Jaginun. ADD ME BEETCHES
Originally Posted by Jaginun View Post
2. It's an easy move to do , that is hard to counter , and is so widespread that you need no real skill to win with the tactic , taking away from the competition that could be had.

Hard to counter? LOL! It's one of the easiest things in the game to counter.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well its very hard for me.. and for many people I think
See my mug , it'll probably turn the flowers black
1)Shoveling is another way/move to win.
2)I dislike it,because it steals all the fighting fun,now you're just trying to stay in the dojo(talking bout' aikido now)I mean we have sumo for that.
Aikido in my opinion is a mod where you're trying to get your opponent dq'ed or lose by points.
I don't really mind shovelers if it's expected,but if someone shovels during the heat of the fight...
3)I am against it.
But you can improve you're movement and practice your sense of the location/dojo or whatever
Little keyboard warrior
Being against shoveling is like saying attacking f7 with the queen in chess is a noob tactic.
It can be efficient and therefore it should be used.
Most people I saw complaining about that move do complain because they are not creative enough to think of a counter and just keep on doing the same moves over and over again.

Some say it is a boring tactic and ruins the fun of a match.
I think they confuse boredom with frustration in that case. :P
I see many selfproclaimed pros fail against common noobtactis and ragequit because it “bores” them.

)o)
How are you?
1) What is shoveling?
It's a way to push, not lift, but push your opponent out of the dojo, with an extremely small lift above the ground, if any lift at all.

Not against it. It might get boring if used by your opponent(s) in a row, seeing that you will use the same tactic each match. But it's still another "move", like clapping, decap openers, kicking openers...

Well basically because it's a fun way to come up with a new tactic. It's actually not hard at all to counter it, it's all a matter of keeping your legs on the ground, if you do that, no shovel can affect you. Like I said, it's just another random counter-able move in another mod.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Shoveling is when you hold all, contract pecs and lower shoulders in the first turn and then raise shoulders in the second with the aim of lifting and pushing your opponent out the dojo (and slight variations of this).

It's a pretty nooby move, but complaining about it comes across as even more nooby.

People tend to whine about everything these days.

"You did "x" to beat me, that makes you a noob"

The whole point of Toribash is that you can do whatever moves you want, limiting this is stupid, go play street fighter.

If you can't win, it's your own fault and you're the noob stfu.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post

1) What is shoveling?

1: Simple move, mostly used in Aikido. Lower arms, then raise them to "shovel" them out of the dojo (Along with contracting your hips and other movements). Also, all LIFTS aren't SHOVELS. But that's a different story for a different day.

2: It's honestly a dick move. I'm fine with it, don't get me wrong, but the game isn't fun when they just do 3 moves then hold all.

3: It is a move and people can do what they want; I don't really care if someone does or doesn't do it.

But the main thing I'm trying to say is: If you're looking for just wins, sure go ahead and do it. But if you are looking to play the game for "fun", I wouldn't do it because to me it's not fun.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

shoveling? that's a pretty gorp move right there

gentleman's guide to playing aikido: HUG EVERYTHING
QUACK