ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Showering at a gym?
So it's a dumb question, but I've never been to a gym, or seen showers at a gym. What's the process to shower there? It just seems like it would be weird to walk in, strip naked, and shower.

Normally I'd never consider it because I have a strong need for privacy. I don't even like to talk on the phone when there's other people around that would overhear. But I'm going to have to get used to showering at a gym. Preferably I'll find one that has shower stalls rather than a wide open area, but either way I'll have to do it.

I've decided to move out of my mom's house and live in my car for a while. Think what you will, but it's not much different from living in an RV or such. It's also a personal choice. I'd rather kill myself than work at a minimum wage fast food job, barely able to make rent and bills. I think I'll really enjoy the freetime and freedom of living in my car. I also have a huge car with comfy leather bench seats. The gym relates to this because it'll be how I shower. $30 a month and I'll be able to shower everyday. My other option is truckstop showers which are just too expensive at around $10 a pop, even if they are nicer. And if I manage to save some money, I could get an RV or large van at some point. More hopeful though, my cleaning company takes off and I can just get a small studio before long. I have until the 22nd of next month before I move out. Any advice on car living, too?
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Depending on the gym, there could be stalls.

However, who really gives a fuck? Nobody is interested in your dick when they're taking a shower. Suck it up, cause nobody is gonna pay attention to you in the shower unless you give them a reason to.

And careful where you park when you sleep. You can get a ticket, vagrancy laws in your area could get you arrested, or some idiot could tow you while you're still in the car (illegal, but you'd be surprised how often sleeping people aren't noticed).

And eat outside of your car. It will turn into a pigsty otherwise.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I'm not really concerned about the being seen naked part, it's just the social situation. I get overly anxious about things which are new to me. I don't want to do something wrong, or weird and be judged for it. Just having to call a potential employee to interview for my business had my heart racing and major anxiety running through my veins. Simple tasks that I've never done before do that to me.

I plan on parking at my work. It's where my car's been parked most of the time anyway for the past few months. Work and wal marts, and any other place I think I can get away with.

Any ideas on things to do? So far I figure I'll mostly be at libraries to charge my phone/laptop. Then I can go to the park with my hammock and relax some days. I have a pretty nice bicycle I can go on bike rides with. There's a bunch of hiking trails around here, but I don't know if I'll have the energy for that. I figure my diet will be rice and beans for the most part. Fruit and vegetables occasionally when I can afford it.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Depending on the gym, there could be stalls.

However, who really gives a fuck? Nobody is interested in your dick when they're taking a shower. Suck it up, cause nobody is gonna pay attention to you in the shower unless you give them a reason to.

And careful where you park when you sleep. You can get a ticket, vagrancy laws in your area could get you arrested, or some idiot could tow you while you're still in the car (illegal, but you'd be surprised how often sleeping people aren't noticed).

And eat outside of your car. It will turn into a pigsty otherwise.

They wont? Have you been to a gym before? Like 1/2 of the men in the gym I go to are homosexual, (Hence why I dont use the bathrooms at-all)
Not every homosexual wants your dick. I'm a straight teenager and showering is never a problem unless you drop soap, but that's only a maturity thing, maybe.
Can we keep the homophobic post count on this thread to 1 from now on. I hope we can do the same for penis insults as well.

Anyway, first suggestion: if you are really worried about doing something stupid at the gym showers then you could just google this predicament if you have not already. Gotta be worth a try, even if you don't get any actual results it will prove that people won't care to much what you do in the shower and help your nervousness.

Sorry if my advice is terrible. I'm not good at advise (I like giving it though).
Last edited by Zelda; Aug 26, 2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Typos
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Pwr View Post
Not every homosexual wants your dick. I'm a straight teenager and showering is never a problem unless you drop soap, but that's only a maturity thing, maybe.

I know, but it's kind of eerie, and sorry for being prejudice but they give you a hard stare at the gym and it's pretty awkward over-time
So I woke up to this valuable pm today.

Wow, thanks for the useful advice, Complexity.

Anyway, I don't think I'll need to work out. Especially if I get this job at UPS as package handler. That's 4 hours of hard work everyday. Between that and cycling places, and having a small food budget, I'm probably going to lose 20 or 40 pounds. But if I get the job I might just rent a studio apartment instead of living in my car. Or I could just save money by living in my car, and live a more adventurous life for the time being.
Last edited by isaac; Aug 26, 2014 at 05:47 PM.
DesertPunk

Please click this
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
If you're buying a gym membership maybe you should also work out

I don't normally agree with this guy but this is something you should do. iirc you are 18 or so, if you believe you are man enough to move out of your parents house without being in school at this point in your life, you should be man enough to shower in public. Best advice I have for that is get over yourself. You are not the center of attention and as some have already said in this thread, no one cares about your willy.

In regards to paying for a gym that you will only use for showering, just use the gym as well. A couple hours of manual labor everyday and reduced caloric intake will not make you healthier or buff. If you're paying for the gym membership it may be who of you to use the facility as well. Besides, you are living in your car, other than work what else are you going to do all day? Once you get a place and on your feet I would recommend going back to school in order to get a better job. Perhaps a community college in your area. Financial aid will do wonders, and may even give you some extra money. This is assuming you are ~18 and not in college currently.

Furthering your education is beneficial if you are going to be living on your own since you don't want to work at fast food but you are also not qualified for many other higher paying jobs.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.