Ranking
Original Post
Modding question / would that be possible ?
I was thinking about those annoying "knee kicks"... you know, when you basically only extend/contract one knee and break everything in one hit.
Well, that's retarded.

I think knees are in fact way too powerful in toribash ! proof is you can jump 3 times the height of a tori just by using knees even with "realistic gravity".
Try to stand-up from a squat position only on one leg and you'll see what's wrong with knees ;p

So my question was : are the power of each joint moddable ?

I think it could be a good evolution to lower the power of the knee joints and raise the power of ankle joints and hip joints (just a tad for hips), to rebalance the power in the legs.
So people would have to focus on their whole body movement instead of only relying only on the lame knee kick, which basically kills any evolution.

What ya think ?
Honestly I'm conflicted. part of me really wants this to happen, but I know that a lot of developed hold players wouldn't like it at all. once you've spent all this time mastering wushu movement with knees the way they are, it seems quite unlikely anyone would want to relearn. However, I would play this mod with you deppy, as it would really help relaxed style shine.
Personally, if it is possible to change the 'power' of the joints, then it's an interesting idea, but like rcarey has said, those of us who rely on the legs for offense and comebacks would lose out. Sure if it was made into a new mod then it would be fine, though I doubt it would be welcomed into the current wushu mods.

Love the idea, and it'd be awesome to see it happen. It'd certainly make us focus on the core body movements instead of jacking a leg underneath or towards someone and letting loose.
But wushu is not really realistic, but as a "fresh" mod..it sounds rather fun.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Well, we officialy ARE the TeamWushu, it's up to us to decide what wushu should become or in what direction we want to make it evolve ;p

Yesternight, playing with deut, holotor, ricy, carey and qibster, I realized how wushu had changed since I first played it, how we raised the standards in a couple of years. A 1000 frames match is easy, fluid comebacks, precision, strategy, etc...

It's not like we could impose this to everyone, ofc we could just start by making another wushu mod, but if we advertise for it and demonstrate why it is awesome, wushu players will slowely slip toward it, plus the next generation ! that's how things evolve
better is to ask for custom points system where we can set up what parts of body are damageable and by what. so you would not get any points for hitting person with your butt or head etc
Sincerely,
snob
I don't know If it woukd be possible to make TB more realistic. I think it is good enough already
to make it realistic you need custom points system.
lets say realistic boxing mod:

if you hit person to head with instant damage 5k, you get 1 point, if you hit him with 10k you get 2 points etc, aswell as making some parts unable to recieve damage, so you would not get points for hitting legs or arms, and making some parts unable to deal damage, so you would not be able to get points for hitting somebody with legs.

this way we will be able to get more or less realistic taekwondo mod too and other irl sports mods.
Sincerely,
snob
Yes I agree with this Snake, but that's another issue we can't fix by ourselves !

Tho, I haz good news in regard of the first post ! Yesterday (or the day before), Beggy told me that the speed (therefore, the power) of each joint is customizable ! That means we can make try outs ;p

So now, how to ? anyone with a minimal TB modding knowledge in this room ?
who would be interested in being involved ? ( tweaking, testing, discussing)
I could get behind this, though I don't have much experience with modding I do have some coding experience, which means I'm likely to pick it up quickly.