Ranking
Original Post
Easier Non-GM hosting
I have been thinking. Most people who want to host events and such are not GM's, me included. So I was thinking that there should be an easier way to make an in-game event that most people could afford, but also not flaming globals and keeping chaos to a low. This could help provide even more fun including Gmtourneys and such, but more interaction between players and unique things being brought up. I realize that there are sponsorships, but players should be able to host more affordable events, but still have no chaos.

(im)

Originally Posted by Wizard03 View Post
I have been thinking. Most people who want to host events and such are not GM's, me included. So I was thinking that there should be an easier way to make an in-game event that most people could afford, but also not flaming globals and keeping chaos to a low. This could help provide even more fun including Gmtourneys and such, but more interaction between players and unique things being brought up. I realize that there are sponsorships, but players should be able to host more affordable events, but still have no chaos.

I have been thinking. Most people who want to host events and such are not GM's, me included

There is a difference between wanting to host and actually doing it

Put simply, "you can do the talk but can you do the walk

So I was thinking that there should be an easier way to make an in-game event that most people could afford

This being, don't just say there should be a way without elaborating

but more interaction between players and unique things being brought up

you don't need prizes to have unique fun and interaction, try hosting an "any mod server or something

I realize that there are sponsorships,

If you really want to make an event then get your event sponsored,

but still have no chaos

I dont think you understand, events are chaos, it's easy to say that you want to host, but it's different when you've got 20 noobs asking you what shiai tokens are

Thats why GMs are chosen, because they're actually pretty good at hosting

To summarise Not Supported
I love how you pointed out all the flaws of this thread... Anyway you missed the point. I realize that there are bad things that come with this. Chaos, referring to the flaming of globals as stated in the thread. Gm's, of course, could possibly watch over this, thus adding more things to their job. Also, not all people can get sponsorships, as one idea may not be very good, but an organization (possibly) could come by and help you out.

Now that I think of it this is basically saving there should be some sort of organization to help others that are less fortunate and don't get a sponsorship from GM's with a grand idea. This organization could also fund people with ideas. This is kinda like sponsorships, BUT it's more for people who got turned down or need help hosting or something of the sorts.

(im)

So what do you suggest? You just mentioned the problem that "regular players can't host much", not the possible solution to it.

The only restriction that I see is that if you're a regular player you have to pay for the event yourself, whereas GMs get free global powers and prizes to give out. I seriously don't think that it can be changed in any way. If you have an awesome idea though, we still sometimes sponsor players with their events, but that only happens on rare occasions when we're 100% sure that you are capable of hosting a high-quality event.
Noone ever gave me any funds for my hosting and I've been hosting for over a year before getting GM position for the first time. Powastourneys, cwtourneys, some tourneys for polish players. I dueled, participated in tourneys and various events, played with boosters from time to time, to get my 'funds'. Sure, it takes some time and commitment, but it is doable.
If we made 'hosting' cheaper, we'd be getting more reports about it done wrong, quality of tourneys would drop.
It is fine as it is.
retired
Originally Posted by Wizard03 View Post
I love how you pointed out all the flaws of this thread... Anyway you missed the point. I realise that there are bad things that come with this. Chaos, referring to the flaming of globals as stated in the thread. Gm's, of course, could possibly watch over this, thus adding more things to their job. Also, not all people can get sponsorships, as one idea may not be very good, but an organisation (possibly) could come by and help you out.

Now that I think of it this is basically saving there should be some sort of organisation to help others that are less fortunate and don't get a sponsorship from GM's with a grand idea. This organisation could also fund people with ideas. This is kinda like sponsorships, BUT it's more for people who got turned down or need help hosting or something of the sorts.

Then you can make this organisation dedicated to helping poor people host, so this suggestion was kind of pointless
How hard is it to pay 10k for a global (or find a VIP to do it for 5k) and make a tourney from that. Or a bet server or anything.

With a bet server, people have fun and you even earn your money back. There's absolutely nothing that keeps a regular player from making a tourney themselves.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.