Toribash
Original Post
Auto screenshot feature
Okay, my suggestion probably will help the Market Squad a lot on solving scam reports and other things but can also help all other staffs.
The market squad hate when someone open a duel scam reports without any evidences. So, i'm suggesting to add an auto screenshot feature to the toribash.
How it could work:

*You can activate the auto screenshot through the settings, just like replay autosave;
*When duel mod is on, the auto screenshot automatically turns on and takes screenshots every match played;
*If you duel items or USD, you can always leave it on for your safety;
*All the screenshots goes to "screenshots" folder.
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
I have to agree on this. Maybe put a timer on it for it to take the screenshot. Also settings so you could modify when it takes the screenshot and where.

If you get scammed, you'll have all the necessary evidence to solve your case.

Thanks for reading. Leave your suggestions
Last edited by Life; Feb 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
R.I.P Static
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Why not just have a function similar to autosave where you have an autolog for events and chat? That way players can provide evidence of abusive chat and duel/scam issues, and having it in a log format would make submitting it to admins a lot easier. I'd suggest a scramble/hash (so that users wont have such an easy time manipulating it) on a ID basis.

I believe a log does exist and is accessible for some high up staff, but is a pain to trawl through and not time effective
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
This further proves that people who are not responsible enough to take a screenshots usually won't even make it to the reports board thus the feature is useless to the majority of players.

Most people will either know everything or nothing about reports, so new players won't even know where or how to report it. It would be much easier and more effective to raise awareness of these scams and remind players to always screenshot any deal or duel with a link to reports board. This could be a message that appears in chat once in a while or something similar.

a lot of people look for how to report someone after being scammed, they dont know of the board before because it is irrelevent before they have been scammed
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
I don't think you understand me mate and you ignored my main point. That is exactly my point, the problem is that people are not aware of scam reporting until they get scammed because there is nothing in game that would let players know of such system. My suggestion is work on making people aware of it rather than invent unnecessary features. This could easily be done as in game reminder, such as "please remember to take a screenshot of every deal before dueling, buying and selling in game" when you join a server.
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 2, 2017 at 03:28 PM.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
I don't think you understand me mate and you ignored my main point. That is exactly my point, the problem is that people are not aware of scam reporting until they get scammed because there is nothing in game that would let players know of such system. My suggestion is work on making people aware of it rather than invent unnecessary features. This could easily be done as in game reminder, such as "please remember to take a screenshot of every deal before dueling, buying and selling in game" when you join a server.

I think people would likely pay no attention to it until after they were scammed. I think its optimistic to say they would pay attention, it might help in some cases.

Also where would you put the text? It has to be prominent but not intruding, in the game chat would not be too easily ignored.

And I dont see how it could ever help solve a case where the other system wouldnt solve it. The given solution is easy to implement, very nearly as much so as your suggestion but far more versatile.
Well, you can't cure ignorance, as cruel as that sounds just be real for a second. If a person chose to ignore the message that he/she definitely notices when joining the game it's not your job to go out of your way to make features for such people.

The thing is, this feature would create images on your system, and if nothing changes it would save them as .bmp which might be a problem to some users in terms of storage (I think Sir already mentioned this though). Also newer toribash features are known to be barely working and buggy as hell so I feel like this would be more of a problem to maintain it than implement it. I think it is not even fair to compare ease of implementing few lines of text and a feature like this. If you think that they both are similarly easy to implement I got no words really.
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 2, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
Ive already mentioned its easy to implement an autodeletion of the images with time so at any given time not too much storage is taken

where do you want to put the lines of text?

Im not joking smaguris, this would probably take 3 short lines of code, putting text would probably take 5 lines of text. Im not sure you realise just how simple this is to put into the game

when the feature is so easy why not help as many people as possible. Just because someone didnt listen to you once it doesnt mean you should avoid helping them in the future when you have the ability to do so
Well I'm not here to argue with you on which one is better, I'm just giving you my point of view and the way I see it is a notification as I suggested would help way more people than the auto screenshot cause beginners would not know where to report the screenshots, however notification could remind players to screenshot and link them to report subforum.

Also by saying lines of text I don't mean some text sitting on the side of your screen constantly. I mean it as in text that appears in your chat, with the "connected to..." and so on.
A disscussion comparing the usefulness of the two features may be useful, given the aim of both is the same - however the implementation of either would almost certainly benefit the other

Personally I think that as soon as someone is scammed they are likely to get directed to the scam reports board pretty quickly which is why I would favour this solution.