Ranking
I would suggest to all to download again Rule Book PDF since some changes are made to it, based on Cow's (:P) observations.
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
No. But then there is no meaning in playing it that way. If you show your default damage to your opponent he will either choose not to attack you since he doesn't have a card to penetrate your defense, or he will see what attack he can use to do that.

Playing it like that you lose your tactical moment and you allow your opponent to find a better way around your defense.

Ah but actually even if you choose to roll the dice you have to roll straight away so your opponent will choose not to attack it :P

More questions:
1. At the beginning of my turn I draw a card, can I choose which of my cards to discard or is it random? Do I choose before I draw or after?

2. If 8OJ4N has initiative and plays a defense card face up, and hampa has no attack cards so doesn't do anything, does the card stay on the table or is it removed at the end of turn? Is this the same for face down defense cards?

3. How are player card colours decided? 8OJ4N is unlucky coloured and hampa is turnover coloured!

4. Do I have to play a card if I have one that I can? For example imagine hampa has a deck with all defense cards (no attacks), can I just ignore them and let him keep playing one face down every turn and wait till he runs out, then attack him with my best attack cards?

ALSO: In the first post the rulebook link is now going to your reply, not to a .pdf. Is this intended?

some interesting thoughts from talking to Will:
- it's never good to attack a defense card, defense cards on average are stronger, and if you just ignore it then it is wasted.
- theres 31 total possible defense cards, but you can only have 18 max. If you use both noob and blue deck, then you will never use 13 of the cards (which are all the bad ones in noob deck incidentally)
- having initiative is a big disadvantage, if you play an attack then opponent can defend it or ignore it, so they can save good cards etc. If you play a defense the enemy can ignore it and you waste the card
- perhaps all cards should have an offense/defense value, so that playing a high-defense card when you have initiative is not a waste.
- perhaps allow additional cards to be pooled in the defend phase, so if I attack then you play a higher defense card, I can play another attack on top or combo to try and boost my damage so I can win the fight. But likewise you can stack defense and counters to boost your damage up.
- there should be a way to deal damage from having a defense card go unchallenged
Last edited by ImmortalCow; Jul 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Ah but actually even if you choose to roll the dice you have to roll straight away so your opponent will choose not to attack it :P

You activate your (laying face up) defense card with a dice (if you wish) the moment other player attacks you with his card. That's how it works. You don't activate your defense card the moment you put it in the face up position on the field.

More questions:
1. At the beginning of my turn I draw a card, can I choose which of my cards to discard or is it random? Do I choose before I draw or after?

2. If 8OJ4N has initiative and plays a defense card face up, and hampa has no attack cards so doesn't do anything, does the card stay on the table or is it removed at the end of turn? Is this the same for face down defense cards?

3. How are player card colours decided? 8OJ4N is unlucky coloured and hampa is turnover coloured!

4. Do I have to play a card if I have one that I can? For example imagine hampa has a deck with all defense cards (no attacks), can I just ignore them and let him keep playing one face down every turn and wait till he runs out, then attack him with my best attack cards?

ALSO: In the first post the rulebook link is now going to your reply, not to a .pdf. Is this intended?

1. You chose what to discard after you took the card from the top of your deck. You can even discard the card you just took from the top of your deck if you don't like that card, as long it's not a bad luck card.

2. Card stays on the field until I put another card in its place (swap it with another card). This also works for defense cards that are put face down. Basically, your card gets removed from the field when it has been used in combat, or in case of defense cards when you want to swap it with better defense card.

3. It can be any color, it can be even multicolored, or with some texture, or it can be totally customized (different from template provided) as long it has those writings: nickname, race, description, characteristics, number and type of deck cards and your title (belt) or whatever you want to use as your title.

5. You can do that, but I'm not sure it would work. You see, Hampa's deck in the example is very balance deck. Sooner or later he would draw some attack card and use it on you so you would got into situation to defend. You can wait for better cards and thus skip your play turn. Playing passive is not a winning tactic, trust me. Me and Snake played many games and only by playing you get all knowledge how to do, when to do and what to do during duels. I hope we will play soon when all of this you will see from first hand.

After few duels, any member will see that this game is easy kind of game.
-----
Additions:

- nope, game mechanics speak different, (play a game and u will see what I mean)
- true, but this is not an online ver of a game where you have to spend TC to pay for cards and to gain belt to use them (as it is planned), so you have better options in choosing cards
- initiative is good thing, you can plan and do things before your opponent can, you can set ambush, you are making him to respond thus you are 'controlling' his moves to some extend. That is the initiative. Also, staying passive while someone is getting points to wait for better cards is a big risk. Your next card can as well be bad luck card.
- sorry, no changes there
- nope
-----
You and (maybe) William will have your chance to test your 'theories'. Just build a deck, prepare the player card and we can play this on IRC even.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yes I would like to play some games to test out my theories ^^
2. Card stays on the field until I put another card in its place (swap it with another card). This also works for defense cards that are put face down. Basically, your card gets removed from the field when it has been used in combat, or in case of defense cards when you want to swap it with better defense card.

I see, well this changes the usefulness of defensive cards in the initiative position then!
I've some more questions:
The initiative changes only when someone deal/get damage?
And another one: the limitation for powerfull/moderate/weak cards works only with the duplicate of the same card? Can i have how many "3" cards as i want (so every "3" cards that is present between blue and noob pack) as well they are not duplicate?

ANd how do i change the personal card template, with wich programs (i'm a total noob of these things) ?

Btw i think i've made my deck,even if i still not print it and not tried how it works: 3 str 3 speed 3 skills 6 luck (the reasoning behind is: no possibility to randomly lose a match catching the card DQ, lesser cards in the deck, but better, so highly chance to draw a good card. The cons are that on 30 cards i've 4 useless cards: the 3 lucky cards that let you avoid the missclick and the tripod card that ler you avoid the DQ, since they only works like counter of the bad luck cards)
Last edited by bRuCiA; Jul 6, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
Yes I agree, but as 8OJ4N says...

17:34:37 < Bojan> if u put luck 6 then u don't have any bad luck card, only good
luck, and u can put 2 fracture cards in your deck and enjoy
17:34:44 < gorman> ^^
17:34:45 < Bojan> but idk how sane is that

I think that is true too, just removing the chance to loose automatically is a big advantage :P
the initiative changes when:

- someone scores points
- someone plays bad luck card

Only with the duplicates. You can have 3 power cards as many u like, but the problem with them is that they have grey zones of activation, and later there would be just ones you can only use when activate, so that is making you to keep 'safer' cards of lower damage in your deck.

Well if you don't have PS (Photoshop or Gimp) I can make you a card, or ask someone else. Card market is open! XD

If you have luck of 6, you don't have DQ or any other BL card in your deck, but now your lucky cards are your 'dead ballast', so even when you are lucky you have some problems lol
Imagine drawing for a better defense while your opponent pawns you and you just getting lucky cards that can't do shit (like: tripod). :}
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 6, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
nice new update on how to make own cards
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
It seems cool but very complicated. Is they maybe a video or a tutorial (man I feel like a dumbass saying this)?
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
see the first page and see the spoiler
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you