Ranking
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You're completely right. That prototype thing on venus was annoying as hell because of the constant reloading. I wanna eventually get that boltor thing. What should I replace my skana with?

Boltor's entertaining though I'm still not entirely used to the slow bullet travel. You should've gotten a blueprint for a Cronus from the boss of Mercury, that's pretty much a direct upgrade from Skana and it's reasonably cheap to craft.

Added.

How do recipes for crafting warframes work? I want to get a rhino.

Basically what sid said. I've already got a maxlevel Rhino plus some nice defensive mods though, so for group play I've got tanking pretty nailed down. I think it might be neat to try to get some diversity in frames - if you're interested in a particular one I've got most of the bosses unlocked and can help farm blueprints if you want.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 4, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
Are there any items that are very beneficial for newbies?

Weaponwise, it's mostly up to personal preference. For melee I'd definitely upgrade to Cronus as soon as you can, then look around at which of the higher-level melee weapons look nice to you. I've heard good things about the dual heat swords. As far as the heavy weapons go, the Scindo (axe) is good against infested (bladed weapons do bonus to them), Gram (greatsword) is decent all-around, Fragor (hammer) is great against Grineer due to its armor piercing, and the Amphis (shockstaffthing) does shock damage on jump attacks which wrecks the Corpus. Let me know if you're curious about any of the gun categories and I'll tell you what I know.

As far as mods go, there aren't really any "vital" mods now that they added passive increase in health/shields back in, but if you want survivability to jump a lot, slot any health/shield/armor mods you find. Loot radar is next to useless right now. And depending on which frame you're playing, certain skills are much more useful than others - for example, Excalibur's Slash Dash is amazing.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Boltor's entertaining though I'm still not entirely used to the slow bullet travel. You should've gotten a blueprint for a Cronus from the boss of Mercury, that's pretty much a direct upgrade from Skana and it's reasonably cheap to craft.

Basically what sid said. I've already got a maxlevel Rhino plus some nice defensive mods though, so for group play I've got tanking pretty nailed down. I think it might be neat to try to get some diversity in frames - if you're interested in a particular one I've got most of the bosses unlocked and can help farm blueprints if you want.

Oh, sweet, that's awesome. I figure nailing aliens to the wall with bolts would be fun. I sold the Cronus blueprint for cash to get my sniper rifle, although I suppose I can run it again and get another blueprint. Is it worth the upgrade, or should I stick with my Skana? I've also considered that near-rangeless cestus-type glove weapon who's name I don't remember. I just ran jackal with Sid, the sniper rifle isn't exactly my favorite weapon so far so i'll probably end up changing that. I've got a rhino chassis recipe in the foundry atm, almost enough stuff to make it. Is that the one required to make the frame or is it just the frame chassis?
Hoss.
Oh, sweet, that's awesome. I figure nailing aliens to the wall with bolts would be fun. I sold the Cronus blueprint for cash to get my sniper rifle, although I suppose I can run it again and get another blueprint. Is it worth the upgrade, or should I stick with my Skana? I've also considered that near-rangeless cestus-type glove weapon who's name I don't remember. I just ran jackal with Sid, the sniper rifle isn't exactly my favorite weapon so far so i'll probably end up changing that. I've got a rhino chassis recipe in the foundry atm, almost enough stuff to make it. Is that the one required to make the frame or is it just the frame chassis?

Boltor's got innate armor piercing too, so it's great against Grineer.
Unless you're high/far enough along that you've already made some progress towards a different weapon, I'd upgrade to Cronus - it's got higher attack speed and damage, and is fairly cheap to craft. The punchyfists are entertaining but more in a novelty way than a useful way.
To craft a warframe you need the warframe, helmet, chassis, and systems blueprints. It ends up being a significant amount of stuff you need to get together - so you definitely want to think about what you're interested in before committing to crafting one.

EDIT: It's also probably worth noting that Rhino is one of the slowest frames (I think Frost, the other tank frame, is about equal to his speed). I've also got his alternate helmet which increases health but decreases speed even more. So if you're big on the highly-mobile-people-chopping aspect of the game you may want to consider something else.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 4, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Weaponwise, it's mostly up to personal preference. For melee I'd definitely upgrade to Cronus as soon as you can, then look around at which of the higher-level melee weapons look nice to you. I've heard good things about the dual heat swords. As far as the heavy weapons go, the Scindo (axe) is good against infested (bladed weapons do bonus to them), Gram (greatsword) is decent all-around, Fragor (hammer) is great against Grineer due to its armor piercing, and the Amphis (shockstaffthing) does shock damage on jump attacks which wrecks the Corpus. Let me know if you're curious about any of the gun categories and I'll tell you what I know.

As far as mods go, there aren't really any "vital" mods now that they added passive increase in health/shields back in, but if you want survivability to jump a lot, slot any health/shield/armor mods you find. Loot radar is next to useless right now. And depending on which frame you're playing, certain skills are much more useful than others - for example, Excalibur's Slash Dash is amazing.

Thanks for the help, I'm really enjoying this game.
Pretty interesting game, I signed up hours ago and have been playing ever since.

My IGN is Artreus in case you're interested in partying up, I'm currently a level 10 MAG.
what am i doing here
I can help with that. I'll basically be on all day today/tomorrow. I'll try to unlock most of the bosses.
Hoss.
I played it for a while, it got quite boring after shooting and slashing people in half after an hour, its just the same old thing over and over. Now, off to play Planetside 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Atlantic] [Ethr] [Team Australia]

12:18 AM - Sonic: I fucking want a bisexual pride flag cake.