Ranking
Original Post
Event Squad and co. are recruiting!

Hey friends! The Event Squad is looking for new and active members to shine light in the form of events upon the community once more!
Below you can find the positions we are looking to fill at the moment. If you are interested in any, read whats inside the corresponding spoiler below and apply !

ES

Event Artists

Modmakers

IF

How to apply:
Simple! Send a free form application to any member of the Team!
Include your GMT, any languages you are fluent in, and some examples of your work.
You may also want to check out Dargon's tutorial for applying to a staff position.

You have 4 weeks from the date this is posted to send in your applications, then the discussion will take a not defined period of time. We don't have a limit on a number of people we're looking for so don't be shy!

Don't post "I applied" or "Good luck guys!" in this thread. Such posts may be subject to infractions.
Should you however have any more questions please feel free to ask them here !

Oh, we also have a neat little reward system for the special snowflakes of the team who are doing well. And don't forget bananas and cucumbers are good for you!
Last edited by Icky; May 9, 2017 at 10:00 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

You can send another if you think it will help your chance.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
ok and sorry for posting a double post my fourms lagged and it didnt look like my prev post posted <3
FRICK
Are my infractions reducing my chances of joining to about 0? I've applied to this and three or four other recruitment threads, including Help Squad recruitment, and haven't been selected for any of them. I know it's making the chances smaller, as it should, but I feel that their magnitude is exaggerated. Any opinions?
----> Clicky <----
Originally Posted by VanillaMC View Post
Are my infractions reducing my chances of joining to about 0? I've applied to this and three or four other recruitment threads, including Help Squad recruitment, and haven't been selected for any of them. I know it's making the chances smaller, as it should, but I feel that their magnitude is exaggerated. Any opinions?

How can you help members on the forum when it took 2 years for you to make 25 posts?

Most people who apply for staff position are already doing what that position entails before they get it rather than the other way around.

Help squad members helped people before joining help squad and event squad members hosted events before joining event squad. Considering your post count and lack of event-hosting experience, they probably didnt even bother looking into your infraction history.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
How can you help members on the forum when it took 2 years for you to make 25 posts?

Most people who apply for staff position are already doing what that position entails before they get it rather than the other way around.

Help squad members helped people before joining help squad and event squad members hosted events before joining event squad. Considering your post count and lack of event-hosting experience, they probably didnt even bother looking into your infraction history.

I was inactive for a year due to personal issues.

Also because I'm more focused on playing the game, sparring, and practicing my skills than I am slavishly counting the number of my posts and how well I can insult people on the net.

I find it funny that it took you three years to get your 4th dan, and only one year for me to get a black belt, with about 100 games to my 2nd dan. Most of the games I've played have been spars, usually with more than 1500 frames.

I might add that I also spend more time actually learning martial arts in the realm known as "Reality", (I'm a brown belt at the moment), which I have been doing since I was 6. I'm 15 now. (I've moved, so I've had to restart the belt promotion system multiple times.)

And just because my hosting events aren't written down somewhere, like yours, Miss Kitty, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

I type at 92 WPM, so I guarantee that I am fully able to make hundreds of posts in a matter of weeks. The reason I don't is because I have more important things to do, and, I simply don't feel the need to.

If I were to join the help squad, however, I assure you my number of posts would exceed yours in half the time it took you to write your small total of 278 posts.

Thanks for your opinion, and have a great day.
----> Clicky <----
What a nice attitude.

Anyway you asked for opinions on "infractions' significance being exaggerated", you got an answer that it isn't just your infractions that reduce your chances of getting a position.
Whereas activity is not the main factor, the fact that you last had an online fight in March + you aren't active on forum certainly won't help you when you apply.

click for stupidity

This is how you blow your chances with one post, fellas
I type at 92 WPM, so I guarantee that I am fully able to make hundreds of posts in a matter of weeks..

"The average person types between 38 and 40 words per minute (WPM), what translates into between 190 and 200 characters per minute (CPM). However, professional typists type a lot faster — on average between 65 and 75 WPM."

I wonder what online quiz told him his wpm.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits