people playing: 70, servers online: 23, games played: 144,289,521 Top Player: Gentleman

Toribash Community » Clans » Organiζations » Official Organiζations » The Aikido Team
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Feb 18, 2017   #11
Iskenos

7th Dan Black Belt

I've been working on incorporating judo's half throw and foot sweep techniques into my playing, and it's been rather fruitful, here's some stuff I've come up with:
Overview:
Ko Uchi Gari: I get a foot in between his legs and sweep/block the planted leg which I force his upper body to the ground
Sumi Gaeshi: I swung under Hassan's forward momentum and tried to throw him, he managed to plant a foot, but he couldn't keep it on the ground
Tani Otoshi: A half throw from the back instead of the front. Includes blocking/sweeping one or both legs.
Yoko Otoshi: Drop COG very low to the ground in a squatting/crouching/cobra stance and use one leg to block his feet as you throw him over them.
Hiza Guruma: This throw is in the KB but it's worth mentioning this is a half throw technique. Block the knee with your foot and throw him over it.
Attached Files
File Type: rpl Ko Uchi Gari 3.rpl (41.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: rpl Sumi Gaeshi 5.rpl (54.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: rpl Tani Otoshi 4.rpl (38.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: rpl Yoko Otoshi 7.rpl (40.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: rpl Hiza Guruma 1.rpl (38.8 KB, 2 views)
Iskenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2017   #12
Rouxster
Thrower

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Rain

I'm going to put together some graphics for the footwork and setups for half throws. I recommend that you guys work on some as well.
[TA] Leader
~Do Real Moves~
Rouxster is offline   Reply With Quote