ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Finally got my first decapitation!
Howdy everyone, I'm brand new to Toribash and I absolutely love it. I've been playing since maybe Wednesday - only against Uke. I don't think I'm quite ready to take on a living person just yet.

Anyway, after a fair amount (read: two days) of trying to pull off a decapitation, I finally got one! It's ugly, and it's plain that I'm new, but I still felt proud enough to post it

Any generic advice would be great, since you can see my technique in the replay. I know my limitations, so I've been doing everything symmetrically. I know that robs me of a fair amount of power, but its easier to land a hit when you don't mysteriously find yourself facing the wrong direction.

Thanks!
Krunk
Attached Files
KrunkSplein_decap.rpl (41.1 KB, 43 views)
Pretty nice, just figuring that out by yourself. All you really need to do to improve that technique is use you ankles and abs a bit. Also, it's much easier if you don't bend your elbows. If you like, I could include a replay showing a 20 frame, symmetrical, hold-all decap. It's very simple to do, and you could combine the elements of that with your move.

Also, you will improve much faster playing against other players. If you want, PM me, and I'll help you out ingame, as it is much easier to learn how to fight in multiplayer, because your opponents will fight back.
nice job, it probably shouldnt be in the begginer section, there is a whole section for replays in the forum.... Other than that for a day or two is not bad.... Knowing how to use hold all and relax can be very effective... if u can get used to relax all, your strikes become more powerful since your joints get tons of more momentum... anyways... practice practice practice
Want free TC?? just click here!
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=163823 - My Shop
Originally Posted by EverBlade2 View Post
If you like, I could include a replay showing a 20 frame, symmetrical, hold-all decap..

That would be fantastic. While most of the replays people post are absolutely amazing, they don't bestow as much knowledge as you'd hope

And Kiktzaface, while I did attach a replay, I was looking for beginner advice. While both forums would apply, I thought this one came with a better shot of feedback.
Hey there KrunkSplein.

Now that replay is a really good start, You should keep on going, I provided a list about advice that would suite you:
  • With out the Edit button, Replay makers won't be as good as they are right now, To use the Edit button, Press "E" while viewing a Replay so you have the opportunity to edit your replay.
  • You can always try making a non-symmetrical move, If you pull it off, Your going to be really proud of yourself, I really recommend that because its more Fun.
  • Try to Dismember your opponents part each attempt, It would really be much cleaner.
  • Try an attempt at Boom-kicking, Successful Boom kicks result in about 3 dismemberments in one kick/punch.
  • Also, Another Fun tip is to try posing* at the end of the replay.

Follow these tips and you will be pro in no time :].
Also, Glad you like Toribash :].

Hope this helps,
~blackshark
Good job on your first decap my friend! Well, since your a begginer it's not very nice, but once you start learning how to make replays and start fighting and getting better at toribash, then you'll be making awesome replays in no time
Originally Posted by Kiktzaface View Post
nice job, it probably shouldnt be in the begginer section, there is a whole section for replays in the forum....

Originally Posted by KrunkSplein View Post
And Kiktzaface, while I did attach a replay, I was looking for beginner advice. While both forums would apply, I thought this one came with a better shot of feedback.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to confirm what KrunkSplein said.

It's great to see a player who actually experiments around a bit before going on forums or in Multiplayer and demands for help. I smiled when I was reading your post. :D
Keep it up, keep it up...
Yes, generic advice. I love giving generic advice.

There is one major shortcut key that blackshark forgot, though. The 1 frame skip. You hold shift and press either p or space to move one frame, instead of having to make the game options --> turn frames a 1 and spacing through the whole thing.
The 1-frame skip can add accuracy and maybe even power and complexity to your replay, which all make it look better.
And a big tip that most people here would aggree with is to relax more. Relaxing lets the joints move smoother and sometimes have more power if you build up enough momentum. As with anything in Toribash, this takes practice, so only use as much relax as you can handle at the time and gradually increase it.

Welcome to Toribash, and have fun!
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
I basically relax at two points - the very beginning (to get me into a more natural position for a lunge), and when I've gotten myself into some contortion I'm not sure how to get out of.

Working on a boomkick now - so far I get a decap and one arm!
Last edited by KrunkSplein; Feb 20, 2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: found answer to question re: *.on links in the FAQ
Well, as for getting out of contortions, try relaxing all and moving only a couple of joints, like if your legs are part of it, extend the knees.

If you need any other tips or help with single player, just pm me.
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN