Ranking
Original Post
Sparrs
As you all can clearly see: i suck at sparring. In Fact, my spar only lasted like 400 frames xd.
But, COuld any1 possibly teach me the things i hsould know? Maybe spar with me sometimes ig?

the 'me and arunesh' spar is the new 1 i recently did. Cnc me.

Most Recent spar named '8'. Cnc?

spar with abknight.
Attached Files
Spar 1.rpl (208.2 KB, 16 views)
me_and_arunesh.rpl (230.2 KB, 7 views)
8.rpl (263.6 KB, 8 views)
Arunesh31 vs abknight.rpl (367.9 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Arunesh31; Apr 20, 2018 at 08:35 AM.
"Death Before Dishonor"
Hi Arunesh31.

We have a Teaching Thread, you can contact someone there for help.
Alternatively, there's also a bunch of great sparring related Tutorials on the forums.
Here's a few I recommend:
I also recommend a few videos too:
Toribash Tutorial How to spar, by Mocucha.

This is where I picked up most of my knowledge, it's a well-made video that covers everything you need to know.

Lastly, practice makes perfect, just play a lot. That's how I learned how to play Toribash.
I hope this helped you, if you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way.
I watched your replay. It is really short, but I can see that you already know how to move your tori. You lack of experience in the realism side of Toribash. I would suggest you to just play the game in xspar and try moves, even if you fail them. Time after time, you will get "setup moves" that you will recognize and get used to them and how to react to follow up with a consistency move. Habits. It is mostly about habits.

To get a strong balance and clean&fast transitions between your moves, I suggest you to perform parkour mods wich is one of the best way to learn by yourself the little things to know in front of your own way of moving your tori. Eduardo_Free_Run.tbm (wich is in the default mods list) is a pretty good parkour mod to start, since it is an easy one with everything to start (jumps, ramps, walls, slide) and a final plateform to finish with a spar.

It is usefull to share experience, indeed, but don't forget to make your own path through it ;)

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

I found that if you make a plan first and then try to execute it you learn much faster.
For example if you tell yourself "I am going to hit him with a spinning backfist" and then execute it you will learn how to do it ingame. If you dont have a plan your moves will end up looking random and unrealistic. With that being said good luck with your sparring sessions!
edit: Also I would love to spar with you. I will join your room if I see it.
TB NEXT HYPUU
Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
Hi Arunesh31.

We have a Teaching Thread, you can contact someone there for help.
Alternatively, there's also a bunch of great sparring related Tutorials on the forums.
Here's a few I recommend:
I also recommend a few videos too:
Toribash Tutorial How to spar, by Mocucha.

This is where I picked up most of my knowledge, it's a well-made video that covers everything you need to know.

Lastly, practice makes perfect, just play a lot. That's how I learned how to play Toribash.
I hope this helped you, if you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way.

Will check out all those and yea ik about the teaching thread but i found that none were in my timeline. But thnx for all the tutorial links
Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
I watched your replay. It is really short, but I can see that you already know how to move your tori. You lack of experience in the realism side of Toribash. I would suggest you to just play the game in xspar and try moves, even if you fail them. Time after time, you will get "setup moves" that you will recognize and get used to them and how to react to follow up with a consistency move. Habits. It is mostly about habits.

To get a strong balance and clean&fast transitions between your moves, I suggest you to perform parkour mods wich is one of the best way to learn by yourself the little things to know in front of your own way of moving your tori. Eduardo_Free_Run.tbm (wich is in the default mods list) is a pretty good parkour mod to start, since it is an easy one with everything to start (jumps, ramps, walls, slide) and a final plateform to finish with a spar.

It is usefull to share experience, indeed, but don't forget to make your own path through it ;)

Gr8 I haave the legendary Mocucha teaching me to spar . I need to how to jump, i dont know how to jump at all. Then i need to know to turn. But yes i will try out that mod and thnk u for the advice
Originally Posted by torilose View Post
I found that if you make a plan first and then try to execute it you learn much faster.
For example if you tell yourself "I am going to hit him with a spinning backfist" and then execute it you will learn how to do it ingame. If you dont have a plan your moves will end up looking random and unrealistic. With that being said good luck with your sparring sessions!
edit: Also I would love to spar with you. I will join your room if I see it.

That is good advice. Will make sure i use that. and yes i would love to spar tho i dont know much on how to. Thnk u for responding
"Death Before Dishonor"
I just got my ass kicked in a spar. I really liked the scene were I went for a leg sweep and the opponent did a flying kick while at the same time evading the leg sweep.

I think you can learn a lot from this guy. (I can too)
Attached Files
spar003.rpl (285.4 KB, 11 views)
TB NEXT HYPUU
K I just sparred with EvilTorified. Cnc me on what to do, its really shit. Plus its only half due to ping problems.
Attached Files
me_and_arunesh.rpl (230.2 KB, 6 views)
"Death Before Dishonor"
Until you've gotten the basics of balance and control down I dont want to really CnC you, but ill try my best. First off to make it clear, you need to work on everything. Flow, balance, twitching, momentum, the whole nine yards though balance does so far seem to be your strong suit. my goto suggestion to up coming sparrers and parkours is to think about what you want your tori to do multiple frames in advance. Until you are atleast moderate at sparring your going to need a plan as you dont yet understand how movement works. Best thing to do is to keep practicing and use all your joints you want to stay as relaxed as possible with out ruining what you are trying to do, if you dont understand that, next time your spar, try and keep as many joints held or relaxed as you can while still allowing your tori to flow into the next movement, that you should have already planned out. Good Luck!
K I guess ill just learn slowly. . And I probs wont find u ingame ever cuz i live on a completely different timezone D:. I sparred with abknight recently. Posted the replay
"Death Before Dishonor"