Toribash
Original Post
netbook + windows 7 ... for christmas...
well, christmas is getting near and my parents asked me yesterday what I wanted for that special day. I started to think, and I took the conclusion of asking for a new netbook, including windows 7 and 1GB RAM. I know it isnt a lot of memory RAM, but well, comment. ohh, and I wanted to say that I want the netbook, for chatting, working and playing ( I know it isnt the best option to play in a netbook... do you think I could play toribash without lag?? and obiousley without shaders )
UNIBASH
On my eeepc 105HA with 2gb of ram and windows 7, I get about 15 fps in toribash with no shaders. Its annoying but usable.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Impossible to say without specs, but unless your parents use a fortune for it, atleast some lag is likely.
Clan Blood Leader
As of today:
Netbooks are not suitable for gaming... Not even toribash with the lowest settings will run as fast as you might wish it to run...

I say save your money or buy a slightly bigger laptop (but with better specs) and and btw you can also forget Windows 7 and alternatively install (for free) a Linux distribution on it... For example:

- Ubuntu Netbook Remix
- Moblin
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
As of today:
Netbooks are not suitable for gaming... Not even toribash with the lowest settings will run as fast as you might wish it to run...

I say save your money or buy a slightly bigger laptop (but with better specs) and and btw you can also forget Windows 7 and alternatively install (for free) a Linux distribution on it... For example:

- Ubuntu Netbook Remix
- Moblin

You are entirely wrong. I play toribash on my netbook frequently, also I play many other gmes on it, not brand new games, ofc, the gfx card isn't good enough, but older games like fallout and kotor and starcraft run very well.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
you could get an xbox and mod it to run linux... thats a beastly computer for $300
Ryan: You cant beat Snoop Dog StellarNinja: I have a song with an electric bagpipe solo Ryan: ... FUCKING PLAY IT
Originally Posted by StellarNinja View Post
you could get an xbox and mod it to run linux... thats a beastly computer for $300

That would not be very portable or compatible.
<DeadorK> fair maiden