ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Dedicated Server Program
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would like a dedicated server program. Many other games that let people run servers have this, and it would be great if this had it too.
Hey snake,

Paying for your own static server seems like a bad idea? I know opinions vary, but for someone who has been playing for 6 years, I would assume you would like a bit of change. I did also state that this was only an idea, and there would be a good chance that the idea would not be accepted. On another note, no one stated anything about how much tc it would cost. If you truly believe the game is not worth updating, and is meaningless, why do you still play it?

As for the tc sinking part, tc sinking helps stabilize the toribash economy. If players were to never sink tc, the value of the tc would be ridiculous. Paying with tc, is not a bad deal especially if it is reasonable. I would also like to stress the fact that the Ideas and Suggestion board is to voice opinions.

In my opinion, it was a good question and a good idea, and if implemented correctly, could possibly make the game more fun. You don't have to agree with me, but please don't bash other peoples ideas.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Hey snake,

Paying for your own static server seems like a bad idea? I know opinions vary, but for someone who has been playing for 6 years, I would assume you would like a bit of change. I did also state that this was only an idea, and there would be a good chance that the idea would not be accepted. On another note, no one stated anything about how much tc it would cost. If you truly believe the game is not worth updating, and is meaningless, why do you still play it?

As for the tc sinking part, tc sinking helps stabilize the toribash economy. If players were to never sink tc, the value of the tc would be ridiculous. Paying with tc, is not a bad deal especially if it is reasonable. I would also like to stress the fact that the Ideas and Suggestion board is to voice opinions.

In my opinion, it was a good question and a good idea, and if implemented correctly, could possibly make the game more fun. You don't have to agree with me, but please don't bash other peoples ideas.

hosting a dedicated server by yourself with no qi or tc awarded is already a price. sinking is required when there is earning. there is no here so there is no any logical reason to put a charge.

bashing ideas or not, it's a discussion.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
hosting a dedicated server by yourself with no qi or tc awarded is already a price. sinking is required when there is earning. there is no here so there is no any logical reason to put a charge.

bashing ideas or not, it's a discussion.

nobody said you have to do it yourself

>already a price
i dont even know where to begin with this
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
nobody said you have to do it yourself

>already a price
i dont even know where to begin with this

... did you ever thought about why do we ask to get a server binaries if you think we are not going to use it?
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
erm
this idea was created because so we can have a better operator known as the "one with the server" so he can deop faggots and op back himself through a console

but even if you had to pay for the server, it would only be a maximum of 5 dollars per year to run it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Originally Posted by snake View Post
... did you ever thought about why do we ask to get a server binaries if you think we are not going to use it?

did i even say we werent going to use it
youre supposed to be posting your own reaction by the way, not everyone else's