Ranking
Hardware wise, droid has the upper hand, larger screen, higher res, faster processor, longer battery charge.

What the iPhone has going for it is a sleeker construction and UI, more apps that are usually higher quality, a more precise/accurate/sensitive screen, better audio if that matters to you.

Both will cost the same per month once you get data, and seeing as they are smartphones, I strongly believe they should both have data plans.

I can't really compare cameras first hand. More megapixels don't equal better shots, better lenses do. I haven't taken any with my friend's droid, yet, so I can't comment on how clear the pics are, although I'll say that the iPhone's is really clear to me while I'm also okay with the lower resolutions.

The iPhone also has the plus of iTunes working with it, which is pretty nice for organizing music, although it feels slower for me.

I would not get either at the moment right now unless it is an absolute must though. In less than a month, Apple with have their keynote and be releasing the 4th generation iPhone. From leaked prototypes, it is supposed to have a higher res rear camera, a front camera for video chat, MUCH higher res screen. perhaps the same res as the iPad, and a smaller form factor. The screen is 0.3 inches smaller, supposedly. It keeps the glass front and it's possible for it to also have a glass back (NOT a screen, just a really hard cover). Battery still isn't user replaceable.

Oh hell, I'll just link the images.

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

It's a pretty big change in design relative to the jump from first gen to second/third gen.

Also, the screen WON"T be AMOLED, so that's another pro for the droid.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/05/26...nstraints.html

But yeah, wait until the announcement for the new iphone and official specs before making a decision, because you will be stuck with whichever phone for 2 years, and they are doubling the early termination fees for smartphones on AT&T. Verizon already raised it if I remember correctly.

P.S.
The 4.0 firmware will have multitasking if that makes a difference. If you can't wait, jailbreaking allows it too. Actually, jailbreaking and the extra functionality that comes along with it such as creating a hotspot out of your phone, tethering, ...free apps...., is a pretty huge plus for the iPhone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Get a Droid, iPhones were using outdated tech when they were released, not to mention how shit the OS on them is - I'd even say the smart phones I had in the mid 90's had a better OS, at least they could multitask. >_>

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
yea dude i modded my mytouch 3g to root so i can get all the apps they dont want you to have in the market lol, also rooting your phone you can install cleaner more efficient os to it also, i have a basic os on mine with just the extra features but you can get ones that look like the htc hd2 which if you have the money personally and want to have an all around phone that kicks ass, that would be the way to go. it comes with transformers 1 and 2 installed on it, uses the microsoft windows mobile 6 or 7 and has alot of excellent features
You don't say?
I'd get a droid cus apple sucks. But I really love my palm pre. It multitasks with the card style, has a pretty good screen imo, and theres new apps and shit every day. Still waiting for flash, and the droid gets flash first, those bastards >.>. Also it has a slide-out qwerty keyboard. Camera looks pretty nice, also has a flash. Screen will auto dim with it's light sensor thingy at the top. You can download online a custom app store so it has patches and shit you cant get in the normal app store. The keyboard is rather small and I make mistakes often, I dropped it on the ground outside and the screen got a little tiny chip/scratch on the part just around the screen so got lucky. The battery life is really not long at all I charge it all day, at school, and when I get home. You can buy a battery that has twice the size, but it also adds more thickness to it. It feels nice in your palm, it has a mirror on the back part that slides out(I dont like that cus it makes it feel like girly to me or something cus only girls have mirrors lolol). Consider the palm pre?
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
yea dude i modded my mytouch 3g to root so i can get all the apps they dont want you to have in the market lol, also rooting your phone you can install cleaner more efficient os to it also, i have a basic os on mine with just the extra features but you can get ones that look like the htc hd2 which if you have the money personally and want to have an all around phone that kicks ass, that would be the way to go. it comes with transformers 1 and 2 installed on it, uses the microsoft windows mobile 6 or 7 and has alot of excellent features

Warez. Cough.
uhh it's not illegal to mod your phone, i did the same thing veb did and as for the htc hd2 it COMES with those movies on it so no
You don't say?
Cydia and rock apps are legal. They are also what apple alway seems to copy features from in thei next firmware updates. :]

Well first there were apps, jailbreak. And so too for pages, jailbreak. Tethering, backgrounds, multitasking, merged mailboxes, copy paste, heh even some flash video support which apple will never add.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]