Toribash
Original Post
Texture Flipping
Is there a known way to quickly flip a joint texture? I.e. move the right shoulder texture to the left symmetrically.
In any image editor there is a mirror option that allows you to flip the texture horizontally, if that's what you are asking.
you could also highlight the texture and use the manipulate tools to bring the right side over the left. I know for some textures like feet its a but more complicates because of multiple sides, but on joints it should be easy. message me the texture and I can do it Zephyr#4118
(Origin)
I'm using mudbox and when i try to flip or mirror it either comes out wonky, or the paint layer isn't actually changed. I don't really know how to use mudbox too well.
Trying to flip the whole arm, joints and all.
I think the only way you can do it accurately is either painting with symmetry enabled in the first place or do everything afterwards in a program like photoshop. Im not completely sure tho.
Damn that's upsetting. I made a whole right arm and dexided that I'd rather have the design on the left, and spmething else on the right. I've tried all kinds of ways to flip it using gimp, whether its a whole half or certain sections. But it keeps coming out looking some kind of strange.
I'm not sure but I think onvmce you finish you can export the texture and flip them manually in something like gimp or ps
l l Fuck Aurarian l l
Mummy#5385
look how to mirror using toribash textures template.
we have box, cylinder and sphere templates

Box

Sphere

Cylinders

So to flip, you have to invert the faces in the template areas and orientation.

export in gimp as PSD.
In mudbox, go to layers tab, right click->import PSD,
after that you can paint with simetry on in x axis
Last edited by dengue; Nov 8, 2018 at 04:04 AM.
Ok so I managed to flip the joint by just flipping the image in Gimp. For some reason when I had tried that before, the mapping was way off. Now it is working. Thank you everyone for the help.
-----
Flipping the cylinders and boxes is a little tricky though. Is there any trick for that? I notice theres about a 30% offset to simply flip it.
Last edited by kingmonste; Nov 8, 2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
to flip boxes you have to flip horizontally and offset a bit to the left.
to flip cylinders you have to flip both halves vertically.