Toribash
Original Post
See Through Texture Wonder
I was wondering how do you make a see through texture with Gimp 2.8. Anyone know how?
Open the file in gimp.

Go to Layer>New Layer
Set it as transparent.

Ctrl+L

You will the the layers window pop up. This will be your friend if you ever start to do complex textures. Delete the bottom layer.

For the game, save as .tga without RLE compression. Or save as .png. Here's where I'm rusty, since I feel like Hampa's updated the site to accept .png and .jpg's but .tga would be best since I don't trust the site's converters.

Alternatively, you can go to Layer>Transparency>Add Alpha channel. You can now erase your art. Everything underneath will be the gray checkered pattern, that means it will be transparent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
This also works with photoshop. You can delete as stated above, or just use eraser on everything till you see the grid pattern underneath.
When you make a new layer, you'll have 2 layers. If you didn't change anything else the bottom layer (your original layer) would be white. Your top layer (new layer) will be transparent. From there, just delete that white layer and you'll be left with a checkered canvas. This checkered background means that there aren't any RGB values stored there, so it will be transparent in tb if you save it in a format that supports alpha channels (transparency)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
thanx darkjak this actually helped me out alot to um how do i put the head on uke so that i know what it looks like?
NP

Go to where ever your toribash game is installed. For me its in C->Games->Toribash 4.2
In that folder, there should be a folder Customs. Open that and you should see a lot of files with random names (people you've played most likely). Create a folder and name it. I usually do "Test"
Save your head in that folder as head.tga without rle compression.
In game, type "/lp 0 Test" and it will change Tori to Test's items, including the head texture.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]