Ranking
Original Post
CHESHYRE - Expression
Greetings fellas, it's been ages since I've posted here.

Been a long road, dealing with the ruckus of the industry and licensing songs to companies who take as much as they can from the contract.

But nontheless, I've decided to become a solo act and work on my own image.

https://soundcloud.com/aicheshyre/cheshyre-expression

Expression is a 7 minute "symphonic-electronic" track.

This was going to be released officially by a label, but issues with production and delays from the label have forced me to release this independently.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to leave constructive criticism, or just say whether you liked it or not.

DISCLAIMER - There is a mixing issue that I was unable to sort out around 3:54 that you may/my not be able to hear. I hope it does not deter your enjoyment of the track

Song created with FL Studios 11, cover art created with Cinema 4D
Last edited by Cheshyre; Jun 1, 2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added programs
Originally Posted by Cheshyre View Post

A

Is all of the intro synths or is it actually performed with real instruments because it sounds pretty freaking cool. The middle is a nice transition into the final piece, really well blended to make the transitions really fluid. Can't imagine how much time this took to master considering the amount of layers and different synths.

Also the cover art is fueg man, compliments the song well.
Not bad, not bad at all, I really enjoyed the the tempo change, it was well timed, the track in general reminds me a lot of nero, I also believe you used kontakt for the orchestral bits? I can tell (even with my shitty phone speakers) that the mastering is great, the kick, I'm not sure but I don't like it, I belive it's too short for my taste (atleast in the beginning, sounds better with the more upbeat tempo), it's very punchy tho, the clap have a lot of whitenoise, works well with the track tho. It's not overpowering. The vocals/choir (?) Is well mixed.
I do enjoy the track even tho it's nothing I'd probably listen to, well done
I'm not sure what's happening anymore
i said this on discord when you posted it, but im going to say again,, i absolutely LOVE the start it feels like some kind of music that would get played in a fight scene on a game or movie i really want you to do more stuff like this good job chesh
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by bibb View Post
Is all of the intro synths or is it actually performed with real instruments because it sounds pretty freaking cool. The middle is a nice transition into the final piece, really well blended to make the transitions really fluid. Can't imagine how much time this took to master considering the amount of layers and different synths.

Also the cover art is fueg man, compliments the song well.

Hey bibb, glad you liked it.

The intro is made entirely with East/West Symphonic Orchestra instruments. I messed with each individual notes velocity and automated the expression (hence the name of the song) to create that lifelike feel.

Expression contains roughly 307 individual patterns.

Originally Posted by xXSJXx View Post
Not bad, not bad at all, I really enjoyed the the tempo change, it was well timed, the track in general reminds me a lot of nero, I also believe you used kontakt for the orchestral bits? I can tell (even with my shitty phone speakers) that the mastering is great, the kick, I'm not sure but I don't like it, I belive it's too short for my taste (atleast in the beginning, sounds better with the more upbeat tempo), it's very punchy tho, the clap have a lot of whitenoise, works well with the track tho. It's not overpowering. The vocals/choir (?) Is well mixed.
I do enjoy the track even tho it's nothing I'd probably listen to, well done

Hey xXSJXx, the orchestra was created with East/West Symphonic Orchestra. You are indeed right about the kick, I had a difficult time layering one that I felt fit the slow mood of the first half and the powerful second half without having to use two kicks. Thus I ended up with a more punchy, sharp kick.

Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
i said this on discord when you posted it, but im going to say again,, i absolutely LOVE the start it feels like some kind of music that would get played in a fight scene on a game or movie i really want you to do more stuff like this good job chesh

Thanks Ancient, glad you liked it m8

I've always taken a lot of inspiration from film and try to add a cinematic feel to my tracks.

Glad fellas are liking it, I'll be sure to post more.
This is good, but Face is better.

Keep up the good work and start up a patreon!
Pickled is alright
And fresh is quite a delight
Creati0n-approved