ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Unable to grab with a fractured Wrist
I think being unable to grab with a fractured is a cool feature because you wont have enough power to grab with you wrist broken in real life would it?
Bringer of Hell
Fractures in this games are really more like dislocations. if you dislocate your wrist you don't necessarily lose finger function.

(Also spars are popular because they display skill and floridness not realism.)
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Originally Posted by CxTrXs View Post
I don't think this is a silly suggestion. This is a realistic game because of the level of interaction, and customization of moves you have with the character. Most mods have toris with human joint design. The range of motion each joint has is based in realism. If your elbow or knee breaks, it will flop around. If your wrist breaks it will flop, but your hand should continue to work?

customization =! realistic. it has realistic properties and possibilities due to it being a game where you can create your own moves and edit gravity etc. but it is definitely not realistic in nature. the tori is designed after a human body, so of course mods with edited joints and bodies are still going to look human-ish.

yes it should, in fact, this suggestion would actually restrict moves in a game where you have infinite possibilities to make moves.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Well not exactly infinite but I get your point.

Altair Moderated Message:
I don't really see your point in posting this. Do elaborate on your explanation, please.
Last edited by 2WC; Sep 23, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
Fractures in this games are really more like dislocations. if you dislocate your wrist you don't necessarily lose finger function.

(Also spars are popular because they display skill and floridness not realism.)

What? Say, your wrist is bend backwards in real life and your bone is broken. Do you still grab people with your wrist like that?

Edit: Instead of making you can't grab with a fractured wrist, at least give more points to the opponent since with your wrist broken and you're using it is super painful. ( This can also apply to a mod. )
Bringer of Hell
toribash doesn't have to be as realistic as possible.

Adding this feature would cause a real shitstorm in aikido mods when people do wrist locks as openers. As soon as you have someone in wristlock, it's not hard to break their wrists, and if they then can't grab, they're fucked. It would generally just me dumb in any mod.

Not supported.
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

Originally Posted by Ferras View Post
toribash doesn't have to be as realistic as possible.

I agree with that.

Adding this feature would cause a real shitstorm in aikido mods when people do wrist locks as openers. As soon as you have someone in wristlock, it's not hard to break their wrists, and if they then can't grab, they're fucked.

Yeah, this would not work in a lot of ABD matches, where people are pretty much guaranteed a clap-grab-wrestle match.

It would generally just me dumb in any mod.

I could see this working as an interesting variant of no-grab aikido.
aint nothing to it but to do it