ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Choking and Knockout
So these are random ideas that just popped into my head. If you were in a server playing a game and you need to end a game quick you could wrap your arm around your opponent's neck and after like 20 frames or so they pass out (relax all) for a bit. Or if you hit someone in the head lots with a lot of power you could knock them out for a while.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
If it's was an optional gamerule and you could edit the amount of frames/damage taken to the head before passing out then i'm totally up for this
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Problem is we already have DM's, fracs and most of the time people complain about how random they can be. imagine how random this would be, playing pretty well then all of a sudden *relaxed*. In some cases it's hard enough to get someone's back facing you let alone where you have the opportunity to grab their neck. they will probably tell what you're doing then just counter. it just seems like a lot of work for something that might get used once or twice a day/week, for that reason i just cant support the choke hold. however the knockout seems like a really good idea, +1
Last edited by RedPanda; Sep 30, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Like I said it's optional and could be used in an entirely new official mod Like cb_martial_arts_spar_cagev2.tbm but with ABD gamerules
-----
It could be called MMA.tbm
Last edited by Merc; Sep 30, 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Like I said it's optional and could be used in an entirely new official mod Like cb_martial_arts_spar_cagev2.tbm but with ABD gamerules

Still, it requires a lot of code for something nobody would probably use. If it's optional I can only see it happening in custom matches/ non-official ones and will mainly happen in sparring. even then, they could just relax all themselves if it's sparring. still a no from me
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
The thing is there are so many shitty ideas and people just whine about how they should be optional. Nobody wants to open the game rules menu and sort through so many shitty ideas no one uses just to check one box that is actually useful.
You said that it would be fun to defend against a choke hold, but Toribash's grab is impossible to break. Choke holds would create a new "technique" that guarantees a win every time. It's really not that hard to grab someone's head, so choke holds would completely ruin the game.
Not supported. Make a script, bro.
previously known as Lopsin
FINALLY something smart, Zenboy I like you but seems eveyone else disagrees. Cmon guys you are missing the chance at new techniques, A WHOLE NEW LEVEL to toribash, but you all think its fine. Also with the neck grab thing, why cant you just use a technique to break the other person's hand off? quite simple if you ask me. Anyways closing, guess you guys dont want to make this game more fun.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.