Toribash
Original Post
Controlled dismemberment in multiplayer
I came up with the idea recently of having a keyboard button that controls dismemberment just like z, x, and c control the state of the joints.

This idea came to me when parts of my tori dismembered causing my opponent to quickly disqualify themselves.

To maintain the quality of already existing mods, this could be made into a setting that can be toggled on and off in the rules menu. Also, it would need to be in a good position on the keyboard to avoid accidents, possibly "G"

People who may dislike this idea should remember that people already cause Dms intentionally. This addition would add a whole new element of control to the game play/mods, and embrace the fact that the characters we control are closer to robots then actual humans.

Thanks for reading, and any future responses.

If this feature was added i would like it to be called "Crab control"

aint nothing to it but to do it
so what you're suggesting is a button on your keyboard that lets you spontaneously dismember?
i sell pocket pussies
[Ae]ther | cncpls | [OoT] | SR
I do think giant robots should have a dismember function.
Really though, it could lead to fun strategies and possible gmtourney mods. Imagine not having to break off your hand to throw it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by adam2332 View Post
so what you're suggesting is a button on your keyboard that lets you spontaneously dismember?

Yes, spontaneous dismemberment for specific joints.

For example, instead of pushing Z or pushing X on your knee joint, you could push "G" to dismember it and send your foot flying towards your opponent.
I don't think implementing this to the game would do any good. If you wanted this, I'm sure you could develop a mod that allowed you to manipulate your tori in such a way, but spontaneous dismemberments doesn't seem like a good idea nor do I think it would give an "edge" to the person doing the spontaneous dismembering. However, I do see this being easily abused for rigging during high bet servers and tourneys. *player is about to win* *presses "g" to dismember x body part* *claims it was a missclick*. So yeah, I don't think it would be a good idea, sorry.
Edit: also, if you're just wanting to "throw" bodyparts, just enable self damage.
Last edited by 2WC; Sep 2, 2014 at 08:15 AM.
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Clearly it would be an issue in high bet servers if it was abused, but the same could be said for the c button.

I do not have any experience developing mods, but i have seen dismembered limbs give players advantages in a few situations

1. If an arm is dismembered at the shoulder joint it can still grab onto the opponent. This loose limb can cause a lot of damage (possibly a dm) to the opponents tori.

2. If an opponent has managed to grab onto your arm or hand to keep them from losing balance, you could disable their attempt by using "crab control".

3. Some of the default replays, and mods like Mushu already have players breaking off hands to use as projectiles. In theory controlled dismemberment would allow them to create a lot of variations on this technique.

I mainly play aikido so I have no personal experience with example 3. I have personally seen example 1 cause dismemberment on an oppenent, and I have been lucky enough to have my toris arms fall off causing me to win (example 2).

Edit: this suggestion is not meant to modify existing mods. This is intended to open up some possibilities.
Last edited by CxTrXs; Sep 2, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
Originally Posted by Altair View Post
If you wanted this, I'm sure you could develop a mod that allowed you to manipulate your tori in such a way

I highly doubt that you could mod dismemberments like that, and especially in a way that doesn't make one of the joint states unusable.
..but spontaneous dismemberments doesn't seem like a good idea nor do I think it would give an "edge" to the person doing the spontaneous dismembering.

No, I think it can be tactically useful in many ways, as you can see above. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
However, I do see this being easily abused for rigging during high bet servers and tourneys. *player is about to win* *presses "g" to dismember x body part* *claims it was a missclick*. So yeah, I don't think it would be a good idea, sorry.
Edit: also, if you're just wanting to "throw" bodyparts, just enable self damage.

The fact that it can be abused in betting servers shouldn't stop it from being in the rest of the game. Use another mod in betting servers if it's such a big deal.
Self damage is not even remotely the same thing. For one, you're limited to 2 throws/match.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Rather than imposing this on everyone, this could be implemented as a flag option (hence room/mod specific).
Then your betting rooms won't be 'ruined'. Not to mention bet rigging can happen already...

I actually think this is a really nice idea I'd love to see this!
this sounded like a really dumb idea when i first read it but it could allow really fun and creative moves in fun matches

Originally Posted by Altair View Post
I don't think implementing this to the game would do any good. If you wanted this, I'm sure you could develop a mod that allowed you to manipulate your tori in such a way, but spontaneous dismemberments doesn't seem like a good idea nor do I think it would give an "edge" to the person doing the spontaneous dismembering. However, I do see this being easily abused for rigging during high bet servers and tourneys. *player is about to win* *presses "g" to dismember x body part* *claims it was a missclick*. So yeah, I don't think it would be a good idea, sorry.

thats why we would have a checkbox to choose between normal and suicide mode
oh yeah
Sounds good but it takes all the skill out of self dms, even if it was a flag option still if you actually took the time to learn you can tear off most of your tori your self with grabs.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.