Ranking
Original Post
Cpu and Gpu problem
I have a question about what I should do about my Cpu and gpu.

I had orignally planned to go with an i7 6700k and a gigabyte g1 gaming geforce gtx 980, but I recently found out that the i5 6600k is about $120-$130 cheaper and that could allow me to try and get a tier 2 980 ti (gigabyte g1 gaming 980 ti).

I was wondering which one I could go with.

P.S. I can get into some OC because I have a decent cpu cooler (Noctua nh-d15) and I have about 5 case fans so I feel I have pretty damn good airflow
Last edited by Kyuri; Nov 28, 2015 at 05:04 AM.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
i7 is unneeded for gaming, so go ahead and get the 6600k and the 980ti.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
i7 is unneeded for gaming, so go ahead and get the 6600k and the 980ti.

thanks for the reply. I won't really need all that graphics power since I am playing on a 1080p or 2k monitor (i forgot) but i like the overkill.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
The 6600k is a good match for the 980Ti, your original 6700k with 980 was fairly CPU tilted lol.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Nov 20, 2015 at 03:14 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Well what do you know, me, Kyure & Immortal actually all agree on something :P Yes I would also take the 980 Ti. What games will you be playing?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Well what do you know, me, Kyure & Immortal actually all agree on something :P Yes I would also take the 980 Ti. What games will you be playing?

mainly just fallout 4, toribash, tf2, overwatch, battleborn, and dark souls
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
mainly just fallout 4, toribash, tf2, overwatch, battleborn, and dark souls

Yep, a 980ti should be perfect for the games you want. Are you interested in models, or do you have your eye on one already?
Yep, a 980ti should be perfect for the games you want. Are you interested in models, or do you have your eye on one already?

mainly this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127902
Just because it matches my build and is the best price

but if you do have any cheaper i'm open to all.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
mainly this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127902
Just because it matches my build and is the best price

but if you do have any cheaper i'm open to all.

Honestly, I tend to recommend the cheapest the model (depending on clock/amount of VRAM of course), but also take into account customer support and warranty length.

I personally recommend Gigabyte cards, since they have a great warranty program and customer support.
Honestly, I tend to recommend the cheapest the model (depending on clock/amount of VRAM of course), but also take into account customer support and warranty length.

I personally recommend Gigabyte cards, since they have a great warranty program and customer support.

I've had msi products before and I had a good experience with their customer support. I had a question about something that was not working and they got back to me in less than 12 hours and I fixed it.
I would rather prefer a G1 Gaming 980 ti but it's been just a bit more expensive and I'm trying to save as much money as possible
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget