Ranking
Original Post
simple modding suggestion
it would be cool if we got an option tp make no collide objects that players can grab

i would actually cut off my toe for this
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Wait, objects that the tori can't collide with but can grab?
How would it be able to grab it if it can't collide with it? That's just weird.
But don't worry, we'll def. get some more options in Toribash Next for when it comes to the mod-maker.
this would actually be amazing for parkour, you plop it on corners as a jointed object so players can swing on the edge or things like that. tbh i think grabs should be like ball and socket joints but this is a nice alternative
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Originally Posted by Hezk View Post
it would be cool if we got an option tp make no collide objects that players can grab

i would actually cut off my toe for this

So is it like a laser beam?
You can grab and move it around but it doesn't collide.
That's what it sounded like, but this next post of yours confuses me.

Originally Posted by Hezk View Post
this would actually be amazing for parkour, you plop it on corners as a jointed object so players can swing on the edge or things like that. tbh i think grabs should be like ball and socket joints but this is a nice alternative

Now you're saying it could be used like a rope hanging off of corners which players can swing on.
If that's what you're saying, then I don't see why it needs to be an object that doesn't collide.
And what's that about grabs?

You need to clear up your mind. or you need to put enough effort into your suggestion for others to understand.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
i perfectly understood this

objects that the player can pass through, but grab. thats about as simple as an explanation can get

also i think its a good idea. i can think of a lot of really cool applications for this, like expanding the potential grab area of visible and collision enabled objects, or adjusting the grab area to manipulate how they can manuever from the grab, or, as you said, connecting them to the visible object with joints so you can swing

i can see even more applications, some competitive with a few more updates, like grip_threshold or enabling grip on any bodypart (grip 0 / 1)

its a cool idea

i dont think there will be any updates to modmaker or modmaking resources for a while, though. With tbn, a lot of the work put into this stuff, which can take a while to implement anyway, will be soon obsolete. This would be cool for tbn, though.