Ranking
can you post more of your sparring. They are awesome!

jisse Moderated Message:
Please refrain from posting useless stuff like this, I am tired of having to delete your posts
Last edited by jisse; Jun 9, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

EPICX0X0X0WOWOOWOWOALA
It's about that time of the year.

Credit to Jisse for the awesome mod, i am totally not late to the party on this one.
Attached Files
Swex- Promise.rpl (1.91 MB, 69 views)
parkour_mirrors_edge.tbm (27.0 KB, 34 views)
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
the mirrors parkour mod is a masterpiece :v
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
Rune here. Not sure if you remember me. We've sparred a couple of times in the past and I have you on Steam. I've actually noticed you playing TB quite a lot recently from Steam notifications and since I couldn't find you anywhere in MP, I just assumed you were making some new replay. Turns out I was right (yay!).

I'm not entirely sure if you're looking for CnC on this or if you're just posting for the heck of it but since I have nothing better to do on this rainy day than to critique your replay, let's get on with it shall we?

First off I'd like to mention that throughout the whole replay you keep up the momentum that you built at the start which is 1. impressive and 2. very, very hard to do and is rarely seen in parkour nowadays which makes this whole thing rather more enjoyable to watch multiple times while I look for random details to critique. Ok so at the start of the replay you used your arms a lot in a more realistic form of running that although built up the momentum I was talking about earlier, gets you very close to the ground for some reason and you seem to struggle to get up the steps even though you do not lose speed doing it. Anyways it was still very nicely done and one of the many reasons this replay is unique from the other Mirrors Edge replays that I've seen. The climb up the stairs in itself wasn't too spectacular and it was quite obvious that you were rusty. The toe jumps didn't help either. I very much enjoyed your drop down onto the box after the two glass walls and the two spin flips following it. I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't roll on a drop that high but the speed at which you re-entered your run makes up for it. The vault and the step on the wall was a nice way to keep your newly gained speed whilst still looking good and doing something fairly new. Jump was once again rusty but smooth and the run after it was good and super fast even though the legs were a bit wonky at times you successfully managed to make that section of the mod interesting to watch whereas most people struggle at running during that section. The drop kong or dive kong was nicely executed and the long awaited roll was finally awarded to us. Nice. I like how you used only your hands on the zipline instead of the entirety of your arms as most people do and the leg swinging added it's own unique flair to the replay. Dropping onto the glass was an interesting concept and a great way to break the fall. The weird wall run thing you did on the post was a great way of camouflaging how you had too much speed and had to slow down a little bit. It was nice to see your old extended pecs Naruto-style run across the planks instead of just running them normally even if it wasn't as smooth as the original in Black Hawk. You seemed to have a little trouble getting over the couple of objects after that and resorted to using the tips of your toes again but the weird vault where you swung your legs around yourself counter clockwise actually made up for those few flaws beforehand. You kind of slowed down for that final vault but it was understandably to then cork across the gap, which I can respect. You landed very smoothly if not unrealistically onto the ledge below and sat down, finishing off the replay. I would of liked to see you finish but that's okay, is it not?

All in all:
Rusty/10

<3
Last edited by MagnusSol; Jul 11, 2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to edit
Climbing like you've never seen before (parody of xlr84life's thread):
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9187844
Pretty cool stuff good too see you posting
The wall kicking stood out to me, never seen that before, neat
Other than that it is a little basic to be you

I took the liberty of adding a first person camera option and poorly keyframing the replay because the distance between tori and uke made the default camera fucked
Also due to popular demand expect to see a sequel of the mod 'soon'
Attached Files
1st person.rpl (1.91 MB, 28 views)
Haha thanks for the narration dude very well thought out cnc!

"slightly disappointed that you didn't roll on a drop that high": Yeah man i was thinking about that myself even as far as to actually remake from that part of the replay but i felt like it lost quality along the way so i scrapped it.(will post it below).

"You landed very smoothly if not UNREALISTICLY" True man, it hurt abit to post it like this but i just could not make it to to other side with that setup, remade that part too but did not like it that much(below aswell)

Thanks for the comment man, what's your name on steam btw?
Attached Files
#Promise- Diff jump.rpl (1.92 MB, 53 views)
#Promise- Alternative.rpl (1.84 MB, 42 views)
Last edited by Swexx; Jul 11, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
absolute madman, favorite parkourist since i started. Thank you for entartaining me with your replays, i love them.

10/10

very smooth, a really nice style of play and overall very entartaining replays.
bone fuck my ray romano bluray
oshtit
that explain why you were playing tb earlier :v.

anyway here is your cnc(on the first one u posted):
not bad tho
the replay was defenitelly not as good as your old stuff
but still really good for someone who dindn't play for months
the thing that bothered me in this replay was those little twitches u got in the knees
i mean you can always extend for 1 frame and then relax for smoother thing
and ur climbing for the first was could have been much smoother without having to put a big effor
either than that it was good
really love that part between first wall and the zipline <3.
so yeah really good replay specially for a rusty ass.

note: diffjump edit sux.
alternate have better ideas but its twitchy af
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
All in all there is rust that is visible. But idc, your moves are nutty

Really glad to see you doing stuff even if it is once half a year you still remain at your top level of creativity. Do more stuff kk

Might actually try to finish something propper from the fireup this gave me lol, anywho good shit and nice seing you alive
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
guda go fast
Attached Files
mata_jurassic_pk_1_fix.tbm (31.1 KB, 24 views)
Swex- Jurassic Traversal.rpl (1.48 MB, 36 views)