Ranking
Original Post
Tc?
Is there a way to check how much tc is in tb?
Does anyone have an estimate on the amount. Or the exact amount? I know there is a tc cap but most likely will never be hit.
#INIT2WINIT
Originally Posted by The7thVoid View Post
I know there is a tc cap

^had no fucking clue this existed

Well I've never been good at massive math like this, and judging by how much TC is put into the economy each day and how many TC sinks there are, at the moment I would say the economy is unbalanced. While there are quite a few sinks at the moment, the amount of TC thrown into the economy, especially with the 5k tourney, with the 5 minute wait time in between each tourney, is just tremendous. I doubt there's really any way to check how much TC is actually in TB at the moment. A higher up might be able to figure it out. If you really want to know you might be able to PM an admin or someone higher (sir, hampa) and get your answer.
I'm just gamin' man
There was 699,982,940 TC in total on November 2nd.
We hit the cap from time to time but then we either make it higher or sink TC from admin / system accounts.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
... We hit the cap from time to time but then we either make it higher or sink TC from admin / system accounts.

I remember a couple of years (maybe it was earlier/later?) ago, there was some kind of crazy rush to avoid hitting the tc cap (I mean, I don't think anybody believed hitting the cap was going to explode the servers or something).

Was the total tc at that time higher or lower than it is now? How often have you had to raise the tc cap?
Originally Posted by imaSlayaa View Post
Also, why is there a tc cap?

this is just my opinion, but what if having too much TC would mess with the game or lag? I dont know im just an inoccent 11 year old pls
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
this is just my opinion, but what if having too much TC would mess with the game or lag? I dont know im just an inoccent 11 year old pls

Its a simple case of supply and demand

If theres a fuckton of tc in circulation the price would be very low leading a crash in the economy :c
oh, but as i've noticed most TC is on admin accounts and what not, and as i've seen they dont release it. So, I don't think it would fuck up the economy that much, but if its ash's case, then its a whole different story. If someone with a bad mind would like to burn economy, by buying a fuck ton of tc, he can do it as long as nobody bans him.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
I remember a couple of years (maybe it was earlier/later?) ago, there was some kind of crazy rush to avoid hitting the tc cap (I mean, I don't think anybody believed hitting the cap was going to explode the servers or something).

Was the total tc at that time higher or lower than it is now? How often have you had to raise the tc cap?

Originally Posted by imaSlayaa View Post
Also, why is there a tc cap?

The main reason we have it - as I understand - was from the days back when it was much easier to farm huge amounts of tc. Set the cap to a little bit above the current tc in circulation -> when someoen farms mad stacks the cap is hit and the shop closes down preventing it from being spent -> TSAs check the trusty charts and logs and find out what happened and fix it.

These days it doesn't serve much of a purpose. It just keeps getting raised when we get close to stop the shop from closing.

Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
oh, but as i've noticed most TC is on admin accounts and what not, and as i've seen they dont release it. So, I don't think it would fuck up the economy that much, but if its ash's case, then its a whole different story. If someone with a bad mind would like to burn economy, by buying a fuck ton of tc, he can do it as long as nobody bans him.

Most of the tc on admin accounts (majority of the tc on mine for example) is from namechanges. A bit of it is my personal tc from back way before I became an admin but for admins the line between being a user and a staff utility blurs quite a lot - in how tc on my account operates it's a lot the same as the marketeers account for example, or the toribropadcast account. It's just numbers in different places that can be moved and used as necessary. If the msquad shopadmin accounts needs tc and I have a bunch from namechanges I'll send some of that over. And every now and then we sweep the tc aggregating auto accounts like marketeers, toribroadcast and clanmonster (which reminds me I should do that) to bring the tc back down.

So yea overall the tc in circulation is rising but not all that fast. We're generally doing quite well with sinks and unless random acts of hampa happen (think: the ash thing) then all goes well. Even that wasn't too bad and we were back to the normal tc circulation not long after but the prices got rooted in the process. At the end of the day the total tc in circulation is only a number, the price of tc is more affected by who has tc and how much and who of those people are willing to sell and how much buyers are willing to pay. The rate of tc rising isn't drastic enough to really make a notable difference in the day to day but hopefully that sheds some light on tc rates, the cap, sinks etc as I understand it. (Good questions by the way, great discussion spark)
Last edited by Solax; Nov 5, 2015 at 02:14 AM.