Toribash
Original Post
Need HTML/PHP help!
Ok, i know this isnt a coding forum, but i thought id try anyway.

I have a page with multiple links, but i want them all to go to the same page which will generate (server side) new data to fill tables depending on the link clicked.

EG, i click apples and it shows the price of apples on the enxt page, but if i click oranges it will show the price of oranges.

In case you are wondering the data is comming from an SQL database and several monitoring tools.

So, basically i just need a way to transfer the name of the link to the next page.

thanks!

EDIT: preferabley i would like this in pure HTML (or with some VB)
Last edited by Gorman; Dec 31, 2008 at 02:35 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
So...

Why precisely can't you just add a ?fruit=apples to the end of the link for apples and ?fruit=oranges to the end of the link for oranges?

Don't say insecurity, $_GET is perfectly secure if you just do some sanity checking.

And add backslashes.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
or you could make 3 differnet page that look the same but with different information (e.g. page one = 4x4 grid, apples; page 2= 4x4 grid oranges) and have each link respectivley
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
So...

Why precisely can't you just add a ?fruit=apples to the end of the link for apples and ?fruit=oranges to the end of the link for oranges?

Don't say insecurity, $_GET is perfectly secure if you just do some sanity checking.

And add backslashes.

dis.
add <a name="apples"></a> to your page at the apples title

make the link <A href="lolol.html#apples">Apples</a>
And then it will link to lolol.html, and find the 'a name' apples, then scroll down to it automatically.
ill explain what i need a little better, the page needs to be dynamically generated, because the pages needed are dynamically generated.

There are a few thousand servers that need to be managed, spread over maybe 50 product groups. The products and servers can change in a blink as clients change their setup.

Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
So...

And add backslashes.

Can u explain what it does please? I'm kinda new to html (and everything else).

Also, i was thinking that since PHP is server side cant i do something to create and catch a variable when the link is clicked?
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Grah.

K.

Here's an example.

Let's call it example.php

PHP Code:
<?php
echo $_GET['hi'];
?>
Not that bad, right?

Save it at http://localhost/example.php

Now, click this link with webserver up: http://localhost/example.php?hi=lolol

Hopefully, that should get the point across.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
gotcha, thanks man ^^