Toribash
Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
This just looks like you gave up
Little to no hair details after the face.

I recommend looking up workflow styles
My work flow style is the 70/30 technique.
Work the first 70% of the time on the basics.
Work on the entire linework of the piece and basic shades before refining.
Then the last 30% on details to avoid getting bored of your piece before it's done

thanks for the tip dude
i'll implement it in my upcoming heads. :-)
Your title, Ka Wa I I De Su Ne (my Japanese is kinda rusty...took me a second to actually read it) is a question, but you followed it with exclamation marks. Bad grammar and the answer to that question is no. It is way too early to tell. You got some good lines going but if you seek dopamine boosts from likes and comments to be able to continue; take a look at yourself and reevaluate your life.
If you feel insecure about your art abilities and seek comments, remember: Art does not have "right" or "wrong". It is all about if you put any effort in it. Even those hippie "one stroke" paintings have (sometimes questionable) effort put into them. So if you put a lot of hours, days, weeks, YEARS, into this we will love it. You do not need to worry about it at all. Let that tension go from your shoulders and start making some art! Don't do it for us, for our comments, but do it for yourself! In 30 years you might be that cool uncle that paints badass characters for the local kids or you might be earning your bread and water from your skills. Nobody knows. But if you don't let years of really hard training happen, you will never know.
Last edited by Freelancer; May 18, 2017 at 02:05 AM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Potek. Nung nakita ko ung "magnanakaw na watermark" pinoy weeb karin pla tulad ko? ;-; nice art u got there. Sana pinoy ka nga ;-; What did u use for the shading tho?
I do simple Arts and oh I accept head requests anime and cartoonish style only🤘🏻
ears are waaaaaay too small, fic that and add some more shading and higlights and the head texture should start to look real good.

The eye is looking good and I really like the highlight style you did on the hair, hope you keep making changes to this texture since I saw you trying to sell it on the market but it doesn't quite look finished to me yet. Good luck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
Your title, Ka Wa I I De Su Ne (my Japanese is kinda rusty...took me a second to actually read it) is a question, but you followed it with exclamation marks. Bad grammar and the answer to that question is no. It is way too early to tell. You got some good lines going but if you seek dopamine boosts from likes and comments to be able to continue; take a look at yourself and reevaluate your life.
If you feel insecure about your art abilities and seek comments, remember: Art does not have "right" or "wrong". It is all about if you put any effort in it. Even those hippie "one stroke" paintings have (sometimes questionable) effort put into them. So if you put a lot of hours, days, weeks, YEARS, into this we will love it. You do not need to worry about it at all. Let that tension go from your shoulders and start making some art! Don't do it for us, for our comments, but do it for yourself! In 30 years you might be that cool uncle that paints badass characters for the local kids or you might be earning your bread and water from your skills. Nobody knows. But if you don't let years of really hard training happen, you will never know.

yes i used google translate for that title and thank you for these words. i find myself actually doing it for the comments, now i'll reevaluate my art a bit more. thank you very much!
-----
Originally Posted by Implore View Post
Potek. Nung nakita ko ung "magnanakaw na watermark" pinoy weeb karin pla tulad ko? ;-; nice art u got there. Sana pinoy ka nga ;-; What did u use for the shading tho?

hahahaha oo parehas tayo
mas maganda ung mga art mo dahil mukhang mas malinis
gamit ko ung airbrush tool sa SAI para sa shade
(sorry, di ko masyado alam sa filipino )
-----
Originally Posted by 2ruD View Post
ears are waaaaaay too small, fic that and add some more shading and higlights and the head texture should start to look real good.

The eye is looking good and I really like the highlight style you did on the hair, hope you keep making changes to this texture since I saw you trying to sell it on the market but it doesn't quite look finished to me yet. Good luck

yeah, i know the ears are small af because i noticed it right away when i drew it but i didn't give a shit. also i can't edit it any longer since i already sold it to hawk (65k).

i'll try better next time but for now, i'm taking a break since finals are coming up :-)
-----
CLOSED. making a new thread
Last edited by poison; May 20, 2017 at 02:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump