Ranking
Original Post
Separate Tourneys For Pros
Every time I try to enter a Tourney there's always some 10th Dan destroying everyone, and I think that's unfair; they already have all the money they could want and there are specific servers for experienced players to play each other, so all they are doing is spoiling the game for less experienced players.

I'm not saying the system needs to be as extreme as the beginner, intermediate, etc system of the main servers but there should just be standard Tourneys for White Belt up to Black Belt, or for people up to a certain rank, and Pro Tourneys which would have larger prizes, etc.

And- if you are one of these pros that I'm talking about- don't reply to this with something along the lines of "If you want to win tourneys then learn to play properly/go back to free play/whatever" because how are we supposed to get better when every game we just get mutilated beyond functionality?

TOO LONG HAVE THE PROS BEEN STUNTING OUR GROWTH AS TORIBASH PLAYERS! THIS ENDS NOW!
Everyone was in your shoes at one point in time, if you aren't challenged then you won't advance. Everyone has been torn apart, even the pro's still get torn apart if you find the game that difficult then maybe should consider classes. This is one of the few things that sets this game apart...the steep learning curve separates the cubs from the lions.
Last edited by AzureMage; Nov 5, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
I get that, and I don't expect to win every game but a challenge without any chance of success isn't much of a challenge...
Beginner tourney = shovel battle? nah i preffer the global tourney it was more organized,beginners need freedom to play with pros.
Kratos
The player base isn't large enough to separate tournaments into divisions. Tournaments are hard enough to start as is.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
You think? There always seem to be about 10 players when I play...
And not a beginner tourney, just the people with REALLY high ranks/qi separated so they don't absolutely destroy everyone.

Another thing: Lower belts would still be able to play in the more advanced tourneys if they wanted that impossible challenge- much like the other belt-separated servers.
Support.
I think that pros hoarding on the TC is another cause of the inflation ridding the TB economy.
Beginners should be richer and spend more
500tc isn't much though and even in the case of someone owning a server ours not an all day thing maybe an hour max so that's what 4-5 tourneys i don't think 2500tc will sink the economy. Besides if this did happen all the pros would just make alternate accounts and own those servers anyway.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
A tourney for only brown belts or only 3rd dan black belts will always be empty, as you see in the black belt Aikido room.

Seems like a good idea to add tourneys like white to green belt (50TC), blue to brown (250TC), and black belt (500TC) tourneys.
Lowering the prize for low belted players could avoid black belts to make an alternative account and own white belts for farming TC.
Last edited by WereWhale; Nov 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Belt based tourneys
When participating in a tourney, white belts have no chance and black belts are owning everyone.
When tourneys are divided by belts, like white to green belt (beginner), blue to brown belt (intermediate) and black belt tourneys, people will have a chance.
Lowering the prize for low belted players should avoid black belts to make an alternative account and own white belts to farm TC.
So 50TC for beginner, 250TC for intermediate and 500TC for black belts.