Ranking
Original Post
[REL] 2 NEW MATARIKA MODS SPAR & PARKOUR : D

Hey! It's been a while, but no one seems to be putting out very many pk and spar mods any more so imma spice up your life with some mods man.

I have a weird little Tori Mart spar thing: A tori mart for you to shop in and fight in!

and a Desert Compound Parkour: Take on this compound. There are many creative opportunities hidden in this map to explore if you have the right skill level! Hope you enjoy

ToriMart Screenshots

Desert Compound Parkour Screenshots

Both can be Multiplayer or Sp

121 Objects on Both

if there's any issues then let me know

More mods coming soon!

Attached Files
matarika_torimart_spar.tbm (25.7 KB, 51 views)
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Some slight improvement over what you usually make but there are still a lot of things that could be done to level up your modmaking

First of all good job on the dimensions this time, most of the objects are actually realistic in proportion to the tori which makes the mods playable. Some of the gaps between objects are still on the large size making certain jumps hard to pull off but it's a lot better than usual.

There is some colorvariation which is nice but not nearly as much as one could hope, no single object should have the exact colorvalue of the other, it makes the mod look flat and lazy, people deserve better. Example:

No colorvariation

Colorvariation

It may not seem like a huge difference, because it isn't, but it does add to the immersion quite a bit when applied to every object in the mod. Having no visible border between objects of different distances isn't just ugly and lazy, it's downright weird
A small scroll of the mousewheel goes a long fucking way, use it.

Another thing that still bothers me about your mods is how thick everything still is and how poorly positioned everything is. The cable in the back of the desert compoud for example is as thick as toris bicep, I know it's your style of making mods but it's not a good look. The windows stick out .1 to .5 units from the buildings, 0.02 is the absolute max of what is needed when using the "stick on" effect. Windows are not supposed to stick out of walls.

To me it feels almost as if we're back before the modmaker was introduced in 2012 and that you're placing the objects in notepad

Your usal of objects in the desert compund mod is beyond terrible and frankly kind of insulting. In a mod of 121 objects 30 of them are windows which contribute absolutely nothing to gameplay, plus they look bad. That's one quarter of the entire mod in windows alone. There are also 21 metal bars which seems seems a lot to me, but the thing that ticked me off the most is how you used FIVE different objects for the middlemost platform where a single bigger object would have sufficed. It's as you couldn't even bother to resize the first platform you created, they're all the same size just rotated 90 degrees on Z. Also about the "many creative opportunities", I don't see any. The mod is about as empty and bland as can be.

It may be a 121 object mod but is sure feels like a 60 object one. Terrible waste. Learn to use resources properly before you boast about 120+ object mods, which is already a tiny ammount to work with.

Overall your work still feels 5 years dated, but atleast it's better than last time
thanks I guess? lol Have fun on the mod. Hope the color variation, Bad looking windows, or the FIVE different objects for the middlemost platform doesn't distract you too much from completing it. ;)

What i'm trying to say is, i appreciate your advice, and i'll definitely take it into account in my future mods, but I just want people to have fun lol

most of the time like 80% of your critique are very "visual" based. And if people cared so much about the visuals or "Look of the mod" many very old popular mods wouldn't have gotten the love, care, and attention they did. back when the mod obj limit was v low.

So like edges, colors, and how many objects you wasted, doesn't mean shit really if you have fun on the mod.
i've had tons of fun on ugly, lazy mods. because if you're good at the game or simply don't care, you can make fun out of anything boi

i've had no fun on very well made mods, like one's you've made, or obazu made. some very beautifully crafted mods, where everything was visually astounding and created. but like that doesn't make a mod fun. Just to look at, but not to play always.

and you can't really speak for everyone and say the mod isn't fun. because thats a subjective statement.

My mods are geared more towards giving someone a platform to have fun on. Whether I succeeded or failed at that is up to the individual.

Mods don't have to be seen as sculptures. What makes them great isn't always the attention to detail and the beautiful craftsmanship. I don't make these to please the refined tastes of modmakers like you, I make them because people like having fun on the game. And modmaking has slowed down lately. So i shall contribute.

and yes i know its possible to achieve both great look and great function/fun, but like currently "look" isn't as important in my head as much as fun. As this is a video game.

but it doesn't make your critique incorrect or wrong. so it's still valuable I believe. But it is geared towards further increasing the immersiveness yet I believe Immersiveness is Only tiny piece of what makes a mod good, and how "fun" it is plays a much larger role over the look and/or visually immersive nature

BUT THATS JUST MMMYYYYYY opinion of how I see things, I could be wrong but eh, what the hell. Lol
Last edited by matarika; Oct 30, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
All I'm hearing is excuses for why you don't want to try harder.

You're serving people shit and they're eating it because they're starving or because they don't know any better. It's like serving a mentally disabled man cold food when you have a microwave at your disposal.

Disregarding the obvious visual flaws in your mods they are also severely lacking in the gameplay aspect. Your mods never have any sort of interesting gameplay aspects to them, it's always just a bundle of houses with a couple platforms, never do you ever use moving parts or joint objects and often times the env objects are way too large making the mod unplayable.
I usually don't roast people for this because I'm not the best at it myself, but atleast I'm always trying to be better.

I'd actually buy the argument that your mods are lazy and bland if you said that you don't have time to make them half-decent but even then it is a weak argument because the flaws you make could be solved in seconds. I also highly doubt a man who has time to impersonate a girl on the internet is very busy

Why don't you drop the smug attitude and focus on improving, people have been telling you the same shit for years and yet your mods are still horrible

get fucking real
Last edited by jisse; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Jisse has a point, nowadays there isn't mods coming out more than like one every other week or month that are half decent, i'm one of those who eat and praise the mods coming out like he says, ik it's not good, but i just want shit to play so i couldn't give a shit about what it is.

He's completely right in that there's just excuses to being lazy and not wanting to try, in any case, he is trying to just help you out, even if he sounds like an ass, it's called tough love, so instead of critiquing his critique, just take in what he says and be happy that anyone takes the time to even give propper feedback. Seems to always have been an issue with you,

just take the critique as critique, and not an insult.

Anyyyywhoo, i'll make something on them, look fun and is something new to play around with, wich i immensly appreciate. Since i never gave 2 shits about how a mod looks.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Not the place to do this guys. This is a mod thread for cnc, not arguments. I get that you're "trying" (and I say trying in the loosest sense" to cnc matarikas mods, but please, take it somewhere else.

That being said, I have to agree with xioi and jisse on this one. I don't think your mods are garbage, but they could be so much better than what's lately been coming out. I agree that having an immersive environment is just as important as having a playable one. Back in the day, people played whatever they could get their hands on, but in today's age we have much higher standards. I like many of your mods, Mata, but this one doesn't do it for me. It feels too bland to have any sort of real fun on. I hate to bring it to effect, but take dashsoras mods for example. Dash may not have the greatest mod making Aesthetics, but he makes up for it with his crazy ideas and new concepts. Jisse on the other hand is the complete opposite. I see amazingly intricate pieces from jisse, with mostly proper lighting, beautiful scenery, and a very playable mod. But he lacks in having movable objects and crazy inventions. That doesn't mean dash and jisse are horrible modmakers. (I would love to see them do something together, that would make an excellent mod)

The community is starving for mods to play, and that is the sad truth. You're not a bad modmaker Mata, but you're far from being very great at it either. Work on colour variation, because trust me I notice it too. Your last mod was better than this, it had depth and felt like a pretty good mod. This one feels half assed.

You have potential to create something better than "just okay" and I want to see you seize that and create a damn good one, like I know you can. Please seize that chance, and make something everyone can look upon and appreciate. Even if jisse still doesn't like it :P
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
I literally spent a few hours on those
Mods lol

I have my quality mods where I actually intend on it being high quality

And then my I'm bored, let's make a quick mod, and post it type shit

These were the second one

I just didn't have time to make a quality mod, or what you guys call quality at least. But like
That won't stop me from posting it.
Last edited by matarika; Oct 31, 2017 at 01:59 AM.
Then why not make a bunch of quicker ones, and a high quality mod, showcase the higher quality mod, and release the smaller ones in the bottom of the description for your bigger mod? That way, you have a good mod, and a couple iffy one's for everyone else. Save your showcases for the mods you feel proud of, my man, because the ones you feel proud of will be the ones with the most work
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
Yeah def thanks for the advice.
Ok, everybody stop.

This is not a playground insult ring. Don't come here and start insulting and name calling a mod maker just because. And mata, instead of arguing with them, use the handy dandy report button next time.
CNC is fine, harsher CNC is alright, but once you start just flaming the mod maker then you've stooped too low. Keep posts in this board to CNC.
h