Toribash
Original Post
new staff group
the new staff group i'd like to suggest are "Chat moderators"

a staff group that monitor chat in game and in the forums!
(they only get to mute/unmute and ban from servers, or just half op)
so as a chat moderator you job is to:
A.) Monitor the chat in game such as in tourneys or just normally in public rooms and make sure people aren't flaming and such.
B.) Make sure that there isn't any sort of flaming or slurs or anything on the forums.
C.) Respond to flaming reports on the reports board
D.) STAY ON THE #SUPPORT IRC
E.) Keep the chat away from sensitive topics and keep it wholesome, nobody wants to hear uh, unwholesome things

Thank you for reading my idea, I hope it'll be implemented (or at least thought of in future)

New chat moderator recruits have to pm an admin/smod/chat mod member, similar to applying for HS,ES AND CS.

Thanks for reading!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Theres no point in implementing this. The above things you have mentioned are already taken care of from most staff groups.
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Theres no point in implementing this. The above things you have mentioned are already taken care of from most staff groups.

I agree with him. There is no point in adding a specific staff group to monitor chats, also it would be boring to go around there looking how all chats are going, you wouldn't feel like staff but like a dickhead with OP(erator) powers.

I'm pretty sure other staffs do this kind of stuff when they are witnessing those actions.

EDIT: Also reporting as Erth mentioned below
Last edited by Lionet; Feb 2, 2018 at 02:16 PM.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by ViOLeT69 View Post

A.) Monitor the chat in game such as in tourneys or just normally in public rooms and make sure people aren't flaming and such.
Would essentially be a live report function, which isn't feasible. No one has that kind of time on their hands. And who's to say the ones that do are ready for any kind of staff involvement.

B.) Make sure that there isn't any sort of flaming or slurs or anything on the forums.
What I'm reading is just that it should be easier to report people ingame.
Which I can somewhat agree with. Get instances of flaming or whatever into the hands of those that can do something about it faster. If you want to pursue this idea, it should be more along these lines, to get something done about it.

C.) Respond to flaming reports on the reports board
These are already responded to appropriately by other staff groups. Namely Super Moderators.

D.) STAY ON THE #SUPPORT IRC
This is already something that all staff should be doing, particularly help squad. If you feel this is an issue then it's probably easiest to treat it as a separate one, in the vein of a complaint.

E.) Keep the chat away from sensitive topics and keep it wholesome, nobody wants to hear uh, unwholesome things
In public servers. And again, comes back to an easier report function. We're aware of the average age range of users playing this game.

Thank you for reading my idea, I hope it'll be implemented (or at least thought of in future)
It's incredibly unlikely that a new staff group will be made for this purpose. If anything it could highlight a need that we could fix, but your current suggestion doesn't warrant a staff group to fix it.

New chat moderator recruits have to pm an admin/smod/chat mod member, similar to applying for HS,ES AND CS.

Thanks for reading!

Responses in bold.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
this staff group is basically doing what the other staff don't really want to do, I only suggested it because its doing a slightly more boring part of the others staff groups work for them
[sigpic][/sigpic]

A.) Monitor the chat in game such as in tourneys or just normally in public rooms and make sure people aren't flaming and such.- Event Squad
B.) Make sure that there isn't any sort of flaming or slurs or anything on the forums. - The forum is too big if only staff that contributes to this part. This is our role as a community if someone goes unnoticed when flamming or slur,
(HINT: report button)

C.) Respond to flaming reports on the reports board - Event Squad (Or other mod)
D.) STAY ON THE #SUPPORT IRC - Most of the staffs stay on Support IRC if i wasn't mistaken (or at least one or two staffs there)
E.) Keep the chat away from sensitive topics and keep it wholesome, nobody wants to hear uh, unwholesome things - This wholesome thing is a bit subjective depend on the individual, but racial and slur are monitored by Event Squad (at least ingame) or via report thread or report button

Thanks for reading!

Would be redundant to make a whole new staff that has the work of other staff's job collectively.
#Not Supported

EDIT: And what Erth said
Last edited by Trice; Feb 2, 2018 at 02:23 PM.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
this staff group is basically doing what the other staff don't really want to do, I only suggested it because its doing a slightly more boring part of the others staff groups work for them

The hard part of this would be having all the time needed to sit the public servers (I guess), and as it is boring I'd guess that most part of this staff would be other staff members (with extra time left over) trying to make this role relevant. People wouldn't take it seriously enough and wouldn't be 100% accurate even if so. (all in my opinion)

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

if you think it's boring for the regular staff groups what do you think would actually motivate other people to sit in servers and irc and monitor the chat for a few instances of bad words being thrown around.

the system we have at the moment is pretty okay.
you see something you don't like on the forums? use the report button
you see something you don't like ingame? take screenshots and use the report board
you see something you don't like in irc/discord? highlight a moderator

honestly there's not really any reason to implement a whole staff group for this. imagine sitting down a looking at a computer screen for hours just to see if someone said a bad word or not.
free my melanin-enhanced fellow bobby shmurda
Nasty
Kony's #1 Shooter
8:21 PM <duck> I'll touch your market all over

August Ames didn't die for this
Originally Posted by Tricerafi View Post
Would be redundant to make a whole new staff that has the work of other staff's job collectively.
#Not Supported

sorry to tell you but ES doesn't exactly cover everything, this is a collective thing as all the staff groups are meant to help each other help and enrich the community of toribash, the new group I'm suggesting is just something that's HELPING the community more and attempting to strengthen bonds between staff groups. The Chat moderators job is just to maintain the servers and make sure they don't go to sh*t, with the help of other staff members/groups.
-----
part of the job wont be to sit around all day in a public room waiting for somebody to start raging, the thing will be that it will be a bit tedious (not like being staff is easy anyway) but its just to make sure that people aren't being assholes. And having in-game, real time reporting to someone who can do something about it
Last edited by lily; Feb 2, 2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[sigpic][/sigpic]
honestly, in my opinion, instead of making a new staff group, and people can and will charge and blame them for everything that's going bad in chats (as they won't be able to monitor everything), you can conscientize (starting by yourself, if you aren't yet) people to use our beloved report button when this kind of stuff happens.

You aren't satisfied with staff work? Bother them to take care of situations that they are not.
You aren't being attended? Staff Complaints is there for that.

I think report system is good enough to make servers cleaner but it isn't being used. So you should ask players to make their work first instead of charging staff, we are a community and staff can't handle everything, players have their part of responsibility for make our community clean too!!

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]