Ranking
Well it's gonna be a real achievement for nvidia if they do, cuz they have to keep power consumption under 300watts. With two fermi's, sounds difficult. But they did pull the gtx 295 off even when people said they couldn't.

Heh, that's potentially 700 bucks for the 5970! Wow does your dad know they run that high? Also, make sure your case can fit the cards. I know that for mine, with the 5970 and 5870, I'd have to reorient Or probably cut part of my hard drive cage or get watercooling for a thinner heatsink spot.
Right now I'm "testing" my moms gts 250 (excuse for sli for a few weeks before she uses the old pc) sli has a few more hiccups though. Furmark doesn't reapply support multiple gpu burning, so I had to swap them severaltimes to get the best oc's. Then I got bsod's this last week from too high of an oc on my mom's gts. Never bsod'd with one gpu. It'd get artifacts but the it wasn't inconvenient to just turn thingsdown a bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
About the mamba and stuff... Ever since the first time I started gaming (Other than random Flash junk) I made a bunch of upgrades (trackpad>dell mouse>logethech mouse, Built in speakers>G35 7.1 headset) and every upgrade I got better and better. Im not sure what my Ms delay is, but I'm sure it isn't great (http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content...x-mouse-05.jpg) do you think another upgrade will help me?

-Graboy
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Well it's gonna be a real achievement for nvidia if they do, cuz they have to keep power consumption under 300watts. With two fermi's, sounds difficult. But they did pull the gtx 295 off even when people said they couldn't.

Heh, that's potentially 700 bucks for the 5970! Wow does your dad know they run that high? Also, make sure your case can fit the cards. I know that for mine, with the 5970 and 5870, I'd have to reorient Or probably cut part of my hard drive cage or get watercooling for a thinner heatsink spot.
Right now I'm "testing" my moms gts 250 (excuse for sli for a few weeks before she uses the old pc) sli has a few more hiccups though. Furmark doesn't reapply support multiple gpu burning, so I had to swap them severaltimes to get the best oc's. Then I got bsod's this last week from too high of an oc on my mom's gts. Never bsod'd with one gpu. It'd get artifacts but the it wasn't inconvenient to just turn thingsdown a bit.

So do I really need to buy 1200W Power Supply? Btw, did you say GeForce GTX 460 will be released? If it's gonna be released, NVdia might also gonna build the GeForce GTX 495.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
@graboy: I'm guessing 8 ms cuz it's wireless. Does response feel slow? Or is it maybe the feet being too sticky? You can order Teflon feet on the web if that's the case. Or get a mousepad if you don't already use one. Not much you can do about response on a purely wireless mouse though, except maybe changing senseitivity?

I think you need 1200 watts for TRIPLE-sli 480s. Around 900 for double sli. Preferably 650 for a single.

A card named gtx 460 is probably gonna be released unless nvidia has a whole new chip up it's sleave. I'm GUESSING that any lower end cards will be refreshes of current cards but with tesselation cores added (and whatever else is necessary for dx11)
you might say nvidia is kinda screwed, but they have the HUGE workstation market to fall back on, which is where they make most profit anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
@Onamist: would cuda and physx be running still, but on the CPU if I use an ATI? If so, I'd definitely move to ati this generation.

Well at the moment I've got a 5870HD and a GTX 275 in Crossfire, and I get all the NVidia and ATI exclusive elements.
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Well at the moment I've got a 5870HD and a GTX 275 in Crossfire, and I get all the NVidia and ATI exclusive elements.

how does that work? O.o
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post

What the? Is it possible?
I call hax! >_<

really.
You are using hacked drivers right? Or.....are you actually using them in crossfire where they alternate frame rendering? Cuz then you wouldn't be able to use dx11 right? Since every other frame would be the blockier dx 10.1? I've heard of lots of people keeping a nvidia card for gpu physx though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
I would buy GeForce GTX 495 if it's released. Geforce GTX 480 has a less bit than my GeForce GTX 275

Btw, so HD 5970 has a better performance than GeForce GTX 480? I really want Physx so I wouldn't buy HD 5970.