Toribash
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
so technically unless you've overclocked your cpu from stock settings it's either 2.0ghz or 2.4ghz (cant remember exactly what the 3800+ is but it's not 4ghz) also newer technology behind the processors is what makes them better not necessarily the ghz in which they run at. if you want to know how much better a cpu is than yours find some comparison benchmarks

actualy, it is 4ghz!
2 cores 2 ghz ea!
Originally Posted by 931bw View Post
actualy, it is 4ghz!
2 cores 2 ghz ea!

Like I said, 2 cores at 2GHz is not the same as one core at 4GHz, it's a function of time, It doesn't add up like that.

You have a dual core at 2GHz. End of story.

I have a quad core with hyper threading (8 cores, 4 logical, 4 physical) at 2.66 GHz, but that doesn't mean I have 10.64GHz nor 21.28GHz. This is because such an equivalence principle doesn't work logically nor experimentally.
Originally Posted by 931bw View Post
So how to know howmuch ghz i have?
and how much 1055T does?

2GHz, and 2.8GHz respectively. (Unless you over clock)

Either way, there are more important things than clock speed.

Basic features ranked by importance for games:
  • (GPU) A good graphics card.
  • (CPU) At least 2 cores.
  • (CPU) Good (large) cache.
  • (RAM) At least 3GB's of DDR2/DDR3 RAM.
  • (CPU) Decent clock speed (2.2GHz+ imo)

As it stands you have a dual core at 2GHz with 512MB L2 Cache, which is fine for most games.
Last edited by Vox; Jul 13, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Voxus: Even though you aren't going to get a performance boost out of more than two cores if you are just playing a game in a test environment, you will get a small boost in real life. This is because all of the background processes. When I play a game, I often have a few other programs running, like mIRC, firefox for looking up a guide if I get stuck, xfire, steam, all that random background shit. And since I have 4 cores, those things can hang out in core 1, while the game takes up 2 and 3, for example.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Voxus: Even though you aren't going to get a performance boost out of more than two cores if you are just playing a game in a test environment, you will get a small boost in real life. This is because all of the background processes. When I play a game, I often have a few other programs running, like mIRC, firefox for looking up a guide if I get stuck, xfire, steam, all that random background shit. And since I have 4 cores, those things can hang out in core 1, while the game takes up 2 and 3, for example.

I agree to an extent, however to be honest thats not how operating systems assign multi-threading priority, and is too basic to properly understand weather you need more than two cores.
so yea... beating a dead horse here but no 2x2ghz doesn't make it 4ghz otherwise i would have a 7.68ghz processor... yet it's only 3.8ghz RATED at 7.68ghz. your processor may be rated at 4ghz but it's not a 4ghz processor. both cores may be running 2ghz each but are both in unison when doing so making it a 2ghz processor. the rating of 4ghz comes in when checked against the intel pentium processor

technically if he wanted to voxus he could disable all other cores to those programs making 4 cores run for gaming but only one core out of the 4 deal with the background processes (i think they have a program that can do this automatically)
You don't say?
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
technically if he wanted to voxus he could disable all other cores to those programs making 4 cores run for gaming but only one core out of the 4 deal with the background processes (i think they have a program that can do this automatically)

Indeed, but no average user does that, the OS manages resources very differently. As I said I agree to an extent that he is correct, it's becoming closer and closer to a need for 4 cores, but for now I believe 2cores is fine, I believe windows 8 will be the closing dusk for 2 cores. If you wish to future proof, perhaps 4 (or three, which works fine as well) cores is where you should be going.
Originally Posted by Onamist View Post
Okay to the massive dick jockey who de-repped me for my font, grow the fuck up.

It wasn't me... but that font (and color) is really not friendly for readers...
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi